Chapter 2

*(Y/N)'s POV*

I was walking along side, Ran as we were walking our way to Hazawa Coffee. I hope they'd recognize me, it has been a long time. We all became childhood friends after I met, Ran. All of us would often meet around that park to play together. I can't wait to see them again. I wander what they look like now.

(Ran): We're here.

(Y/N): Huh? Oh, already?

(Ran): Umm, yeah. Is something wrong?

(Y/N): Just a little reminiscing.

Ran hummed, then walked in while opening the door, I followed along with her. The bell chimed to let them know that we have entered the cafe and Ran called out to one of our well known friends.

(Ran): Tsugumi, you here?

She walked out of the counter to approach her.

(Tsugumi): Oh, hey Ran. The others are by the usual table over.... there....

Her face was in full shock when she noticed me standing next to Ran.

(Y/N): Hey Tsugumi, long time no see.

Her face showed that she was happy to see me and a little bit excited.

(Tsugumi): (Y/N)!? It's been so long! How have you been?

(Y/N): Pretty good I guess, Just moved back here actually.

(Tsugumi): Really? That's great! You can tell us all about it! The rest of the girls are over there by that table.

Tsugumi was pointing to my left and sure enough, the other girls are there. One of them was waving at us to sit by the table. This brings me so many flashbacks. Tsugumi guided, Ran and me to the table and we were met with the last three girls from our childhood.

(Y/N): It's been a long time, Moca, Tomoe, Himari.

(Tomoe): Yo, (Y/N). It's been a few years hasn't it?

(Himari): It's so great to see you again (Y/N)!!

(Moca): The great Moca is happy to see you are back~!

My face just was just smiling, and my heart was just filled with happiness.

(Y/N): It's so great to see you all again everyone.

*Five minutes of talking later*

When we were chatting among ourselves on the table, they told me that they formed a band together so they can stick together and not lose their bonds as friends. This was because Ran was in a different a class from the others when they started middle school together. Tsugumi suggested the idea so she wouldn't feel as lonely without the others during her class sessions. Moca brought up about Ran's poem that she wrote and when they read it, they were all impressed by the her talent and they agreed in forming a band together.

Ran was the vocalist while also using a guitar, Moca was the lead guitarist, Himari was on the bass, Tomoe's on drums and Tsugumi's on keyboard. When they were thinking on a band name, Ran suggest naming themselves based on the sunset, since they always practice together after school until the sun goes down. Thus the band Afterglow was born. Their bond to me is an unbreakable one that will be a long lasting friendship that can never be torn apart. They have been through a lot together.

(Tomoe): So (Y/N), do you still sing? I remember that you use to like singing a lot back in class and at the park.

(Y/N): I... don't usually sing as often anymore after I left.