Lovesick 17

This is her creation. This is hers.

So she grinned. It was a chilling smile. Selene may not laugh outwardly but inside her eyes shows the twisted glint. She laughed at his naiveness. She laughed at his absurdness. She laughed at his loathsome bloodline.

The irony of the situation is truly maddening. Selene despises him so much. She hates him to the very marrows of her bones. And yet he's ready to offer his everything to her.

They're two passionate people filled with their fervent feelings. But just as one's amorous feelings brimmed, the other equally returned it with loathing.

But Selene knew that it's not Valentine's fault, it's nothing personal. It's the wretched blood running through his veins that she detested.

Selene finally brought down the dagger. Clasping Valentine's hand in her own, she pointed the end of it in his wrist. "The day when you asked me before, why I always hurt you," Then playfully trace the protruding veins underneath his skin.

"It's so simple, don't you really know it?" Valentine bit the inside of his cheek to restrain his suddenly uneven breathing. He can only stop the shiver that wanted to erupt but not the goosebumps on his skin. He was sure that his Lady Selene can feel it, can see it.

The feeling of the cold blade and his Lady Selene's hand against his skin is enough to make his mind go blank. It was such an intoxicating feeling, he wanted to purr like a cat. But her sharp voice sobered Valentine up from his indecent thoughts.

"I was muddle-head and foolish that time Lady Selene, I deserved everything and will not question you." Sweat gathered on his forehead as he pushed out the words. He stood rigid and tensed.

"No, ask me again." Selene pushed the blade a little deeper when she heard his answer, causing her to smile. But she pulled back just as she saw his thumb twitch. She lightly trailed the end of the dagger across his skin. Teasing him unknowingly.

"Why d-do you always hurt me?" Valentine fumbled with his words and stuttered. Making him extremely annoyed with himself, such simple words and he had to make himself look foolish in front of his mistress. But he can only blame his Lady Selene. She kept teasing him with that dagger! Valentine doesn't know why it suddenly felt hot, he felt the temperature dropping. He only wished that he's not perspiring like a pig. Would his Lady Selene be disgusted with him if he sweat so much?

"Because hurting you is the only way I can express my feelings for you." The feelings of deep hatred etched in her bones. "It is a reward, consider the wounds that I'd given you as my care for you." She smiled at his suddenly dazed look.

I care for you

That care is pushing me to hurt you deeply, because if I don't, I'm afraid I'll be tempted to just end you on impulse.

Without meaning and purpose. The worst kind of vengeance.

"You're important for us so I did what I had to do to protect you," From myself. "And to help you understand things, albeit in the hard way."

"Do you understand me?" Selene questioned him when she doesn't hear anything from him, finally drawing a small trickle of blood. Which made Valentine to groan out unceremoniously.

But he swiftly covered his mouth with the back of his hand, clenching his jaw. He shouldn't be like this but if felt so good. In the end he tensely thank her. "This slave understand Lady Selene, I was filthy and guilty of the sins of my bloodline. I thank you for the punishments that you've gracefully given me."

"It's good that you understand, the depth of your parent's sins are now on your shoulders. You won't disappoint me right?"

"Never, Lady Selene." Selene gazed upon his face, walking closer then lifted the knife towards his youthful-looking cheek. Gently slapping it on his skin. Valentine gulped slowly, he felt himself becoming parched. Her Lady Selene is so close to him, she can smell the familiar intoxicating scent on her. And can see her bewitching face clearly. Even the baby hairs on her forehead cascading down softly, creating a candid image. The eyelashes that shadowed her upper cheek, the smooth and flawless skin on her face that even a pore cannot be seen. It was all greedily stared by Valentine.

Selene was clueless that every area of her face was being marked deeply inside one's mind.

"That's my little lamb, now take this and go." Selene took a step and finally handed the dagger with a small smile. "Treat that as my first gift for you,"

"Or a parting gift since we wouldn't be seeing each other for a long time." Valentine glanced at the dagger, this was the first thing that came from his Lady. She gave it to him.

Valentine felt his heart warming in delight.

"Goodbye Valentine."

"Goodbye." My Lady Selene

~

The day after tomorrow, Valentine finally succeeded as the official Duke for the Arslan Dukedome. Selene recieved all the information and just as they hoped, it went smoothly without any delay.

Through the letters from her appointed head butler, Valentine quickly adjusted to his position and did things perfectly. He managed the Arslan Household and kept things as they are in the capital.

It eased Selene's mind. He was obedient as ever.

The following weeks passed by and everyone in the capital finally heard the news of the offial Duke of the Arslan. People were curious about the heir of the fallen Deputy General.

But they can only hold their breath and wait patiently since the Duke remained mysterious and rejected all invitation for a private meeting.

With that Selene relaxed and contentedly lived in the Fasci Household without any problems.

That is until, her birthday came and the issues it brought towards her.

At her age of 20, she now have to marry.

•••••

I really wanted to update Begging to Please but I don't know why it's so hard.  I only get motivations and inspirations for this story.

But well, this story is my cup of tea. So I really loveeee this. I hope you guys do too.

Vote and comment some thoughts y'all