Chapter 9

Fred sat at the long table in the kitchen of the Burrow. The sun was just barely peeking over the horizon as he buttered a piece of toast and took a bite of it. George sat next to his brother as he usually did. "They better hurry up. Don't want to miss the portkey." Fred smiled.

"I got this one Georgie." He shoved the rest of his toast in his mouth, scooting back from the table and running up the stairs. He quickly opened the door to Ron's room where Harry was also staying, snores echoed around the room. "Oi! Wake it up! We've got a World Cup to catch you lazy gits!" His younger brother Ron groaned before throwing a pillow at the door.

He began running down the stairs chanting, "Let's go Irish! Yeah!" The door to Ginny, his sister's room swung open. "Bloody hell Fred, do you know what time it is?" she glared at him.

"Yeah time for you gits to get up so we can go! Get Hermione up too! Georgie and I have already finished breakfast." He yelled running back down the stairs, taking his place back at the table.

"Mission accomplished. I wonder if Claire will be there. I didn't have time to tell her we were going" He took a sip of pumpkin juice from the cup in front of him.

"Who's Claire?" Molly asked as she  put another plate of sausages on the table.

Fred struggled to keep from spitting his juice out as his eyes widened and cheeks flushed. "Uh, no one."

"Is that who's been sending you all those letters this summer?" She raised her eyebrow at her son and pointed a finger at him. "Fredrick Gideon Weasley if you have a girlfriend and didn't say anything."

Fred groaned. "She's not my girlfriend mum!"

Ron, Harry and Hermione joined the twins at the table, Ginny being the last one to the table. Ron stabbed a piece of sausage with a fork. "She's not his girlfriend yet." Ron muttered.

Fred threw a biscuit at his head, glaring at him.

"Weasleys!" Arthur's voice rang through the kitchen.

"Morning Dad!" Rang from all of the Weasley children.

"Let's hurry now. Long walk ahead of us today."

The Weasleys, Harry and Hermione quickly stuffed their mouths with bacon, sausages and eggs. Mrs. Weasley waved them off as they headed up the hill. "Be safe! Bill, Charlie, and Percy will be there later!"

After hours of walking they finally made it to the top of the hill. "Spread out! Look for the portkey." They all spread out, eyes glued to the ground looking for anything that looked like it wasn't meant to be there. "Over here!" Arthur shouted, waving his arms. "Hello there Amos."

"Ah! Arthur Weasley, how are you?" The two men shook hands as the rest of the group came back together. "Everyone, this is Amos Diggory. And I believe you all know his son, Cedric."

Cedric and his father waved at the group of kids. "Are all of these yours Arthur?"

He chuckled. "Oh no. Just the redheads. This is Hermione Granger and Harry Potter. Friends of my boy Ron." He points between Hermione and Harry as he introduces them. "Shall we get going then?"

A seemingly ordinary old dirty shoe sat in the middle. "Everyone grab hold. Hang on tight!" Everyone held on to a different part of the shoe as it began to spin, whirling them around. Harry, Ron, and Hermione landed in a thud on the ground. Then Fred and George who landed on top of each other.

"Ow, get off me!" Fred pushed his twin off. "Bloody hell Georgie you weigh a ton."

"Speak for yourself Freddy."