2. Who is Nighwing?

Chapter 2: Who is Nighwing?

Dick slowly opened his eyes as he felt what seemed to be a plane declining. He fully opened his eyes in confusion.

"I can't wait to see the new hideout that the League built." He turned to his right with a foggy brain to see Duke, who was dressed as The Signal, piloting the plane that they were on. "Did you know that each of their hideouts have a theme to them? My favorite hideout is the one in Washington. I stayed there once, on an overnight mission with Batgirl. It was awesome. There was even a Japanese house bath inside."

"Where are we?" Dick asked after Signal stopped talking. He touched his face. He felt his mask or some type of mask on his face. It didn't feel like his usual mask.

Signal stole a quick glance at his friend and mentor's confused face. "Please, tell me you are joking."

"What day is it?"

"You're not joking." It was Jason. He thought about the day he spoke to who he now knew was Jason in the kitchen. I should have followed my instinct.

He started to panic. They were about to arrive at the hideout in a couple of minutes, and he wasn't sure how much Dick knew about what was going on.

"It's Friday the thirteenth." Signal answered.

"The thirteenth," Dick repeated. He began to calculate the number of days that he had been dormant inside of his body as the other Robins, or a Robin, had control over his body. When he found out which Robin it was, he was going to slash his head in, or their heads in.

"Catch me up to speed. Where are we? What's going on?" Dick had a feeling that he wasn't going to like the answer.

"Well-" Signal was cut off by Batman's appearance on the small screen.

"Where are you?" He asked without giving a greeting.

"Nightwing-Robin's new name- and I are about five minutes away."

Dick schooled his face and made it neutral as possible. He was shock to hear that name come from Signal's mouth. He hadn't told anyone of his plan to change his name from Robin to Nightwing. He didn't want to risk the chance that the other Robins would find out before he made a final decision about everything.

"Good. The others are waiting for you." Batman's masked eyes focused on Nightwing. "Nice uniform."

Dick wanted to glance down to see what he was wearing but he dared not to. "Thanks," he said. "I wasn't sure about the color. "

A 'hmmm' was all that came from him before he turned off the screen from his side.

Dick's eyes connected with Signal's through their masks. They would talk later about what was going on. Batman might be listening. He couldn't run the risk of Batman finding out that he still actively had dissociative identity disorder (DID), which was previously known as multiple personality disorder (MPD). Bats thought he had helped whip out or suppressed Jason years ago.

What he didn't know was that Jason was still alive and actively sharing a body. He also wasn't aware that two other personalities had appeared since the supposed disappearance of Jason Todd from his life and body. He didn't want or need Batman finding out the truth. He wasn't sure what Batman would do if he did. However, he knew that he wouldn't like it, just like how he and Jason didn't like it the last time.

Nevertheless, he couldn't be sure that Batman didn't already know. Batman was suspicious of everybody. And Dick knew that he was always looking for clues about his DID.

Thus, Dick and Signal spent the five minutes in silence. He was glad for the kid's presence in his life and in the Bat family. It was nice to share his secret with one who wouldn't go and run tell Bat.