7: Who got shot in the heart?

Chapter 7: Who got shot in the heart?

Cyborg took a large spoon of sloppy joe and placed it between two hamburger buns. He smiled as he set the sloppy joe sandwich on a plate and handed it to a young girl. He repeated the action but this time he handed the second plate to a younger boy. They both said 'thank you' before running off.

He glanced at his left and sighed in relief; the line was finally empty. He looked at his right to see Raven handing someone a cup. He started to walk towards her as the person left that section of the table.

"Who knew that crime organizations were big on community service these days." He said as he leaned back against the wall next to Raven.

The information that Raven had on the group had led them to Montana. It appeared that the crime syndicate ran a nonprofit group under a different name, but the same logo, that worked with high-risk youth. They held community events and outreach programs each month under the disguise to improve the community youth.

Cyborg did a background check on the nonprofit group, and he had to admit that they were doing a good job. During the time that they had occupied this community, they had changed the trajectory of the youth involvement in crime as well as their future. Regardless of their good deeds, they were still a crime organization that had to be brought down.

"It's a great way to pick up new recruits," Dick responded to the statement as he smiled at the family that gave him a strange look. It appeared that he was talking to himself instead of his teammates via the earpiece in his ear as he stood at the information desk alone.

Normally, he wouldn't have been out during a mission; however, all the Robins had agreed that Damian should sit this one out. Since this mission called for good people skills, they thought that it would be best that Dick take over. Although, he promised Damian that they would switch if a fight broke out.

"You mean," Raven added, "they groom young people who are on the verge of losing hope by painting themselves as a beckon." Her eyes scanned the room, searching for any abnormities, yet so far everything appeared to be normal, including the five Titans in the room.

They were all using the holograph watch to change their appearance. They all looked like the individuals who they had knocked out and drugged so that they will remain at home, sleeping peacefully until the event was over.

She scanned the room, her eyes connected with Nightwing and immediately they went to where Starfire was located. She focused on her voice as she began to talk.

"On Tamaran, this is a common practice that we use to gain allies." She commented while her back was turned to the people that came to her booth for information about running a cosmetology business. She currently was searching for more pamphlets.

"We would observe our enemy attacking weaker planets before stepping in to save them. They would be so grateful for our assistance that they would sign treaties that were hardly beneficial to them. It's not one of my planet's greatest moments but it had helped us to win the war."

"Here, it is," She said, excited, as she turned to face the group at her booth.

Rat noises came through their earpieces. It was Changeling. He was the only Titan that was not in the room. His mission was to search the building for any suspicious activities.

"I don't know what you are saying, C, but use your human voice if you found something," said Cyborg.

They all listened carefully, waiting for him to talk, but he didn't say anything.

"Changeling, are you there?" Cyborg questioned. Rat sounds came through. "Are you okay?" More rat sounds. "Shoutout if you need help." Silence. "Okay, it sounds as if Changeling is doing good. How is it going with you, Signal?"