12: Who Kissed Raven?

Chapter 12: Who Kissed Raven?

The softness of the bed and the warmth of her covers caused Raven to snuggle in the bed more. However, there was something wrong. The space behind her on the bed dipped. A shadow hovered over her. She rolled over to see who was in the bed with her. However, a hand covered her eyes as another one pinned her down.

A warm breath tickled her face as her own breath became heavy. "Come to me before I have to retrieve you myself." With those words, the hands touching her were removed, and she shot up in the bed.

Her eyes locked eyes with masked ones.

"He contacted you again, didn't you?"

She nodded. Titus pushed against her hand, prompting her to rub his head. The feel of his silky fur calmed her racing heart.

In the last meeting, she had informed the team that she had opened a line of communication between herself and whoever was looking for her. Due to that line of communication, he was able to contact her through dreams.

The team wasn't happy with the information, especially Nightwing.

"What did he want?"

"What he always wants. He wants me to come to him."

Nightwing snorted. "That's not happening." Yet, he was beyond annoyed that whoever was contacting her was able to. "We will teach him his place."

She nodded before coming to a realization. "Wait, why are you in my room?"

Nightwing blushed and immediately stood up straight. He coughed as he peaked at her flimsy pajamas that showed pale skin. He flushed and completely looked away.

"It's time to go to the gravesite. You were running late. I came to get you. " He coughed in a fist "I will let you get dressed." He turned to leave the room.

"Damian." She called out. It was easy to tell by his awkwardness and consideration that he wasn't Dick or Jason.

"Let's go together," she suggested.

"I will wait outside." He replied, still facing the door.

"No need." She got out of bed, causing Titus to move back. She used her magic to change into her outfit. "I'm ready."

Damian slowly glanced back to see a properly dressed Raven walking towards him. His heart skipped a beat.

The ride over to the gravesite wasn't long enough. The team wasn't mentally prepared to see the bodies that were being dug from the graves.

"Friend Raven," Starfire said, rubbing the back of her friend, who was staring at the bodies. "Maybe it is best that we take a break now."

"No, Star. We need to finish. I need to do this. It's my fault that they are -" She stopped abruptly as her eyes traveled to another coffin.

"It is truly not your fault. You didn't wish this evil on them. You didn't kill them. This is Brother Blood and Professor Chang's fault. Never blame yourself." Starfire said passionately, trying to suppress her anger for her friend's sake. She was angry at Blood and Chang for making her friend relive a horrible experience and the crime that they committed to others.

"I exist," Raven whispered but Starfire heard.

"Raven-"

"I need to meditate." Raven turned to Starfire. "Care to join."

Starfire signed. She knew better not to push Raven. "As always, I am honor to join you."

They walked to a cleared area away from the grave and started to hover above the ground as they started to empty their minds.