New beginnings

Clara's p.o.v

It's been three weeks since my coronation and the Council members have been chosen, today Mark's the day that will change to future of Elphame for the better.

I pull irritably at the gown I'm wearing, which I let Magus talk me into wearing to the council meeting, now I regret ever giving in, but appearances matter and I'm still the Queen whether I like it or not apparently. The material of the silver gown clings to my stomach making my skin itch, I make my way to the council chambers mildly distracted by the irritating material and almost walked straight into someone in the doorway, I gasped as strong hands took a hold of my upper arms and looked up to the bemused face of a rather handsome man, his face chiseled with a strong jaw line and jet black hair that was a contrast to his bright blue eyes, someone cleared their throat behind me snapping me out of my daze and causing me to blush slightly at being caught checking someone out. The man smirked at me and loosened his hold but had yet to remove his hands as he looked over my head to the person behind me, I turn my head awkwardly to see Leon giving the Man a look that could surely kill and I try to wriggle out of the Man's grasp, he finally let's go, "your majesty" he bows ever so slightly, "Dolion Callisthenes, at your service" he winked and threw a look at Leon, I rolled my eyes and strolled past him not even giving him a second glance as I squared my shoulders and took the seat at the head of the table just like Magus had instructed.

It doesn't take long for all the council members to arrive, a sweet Sprite by the name of  Fiona Niamh and a huge beast of a man who's subsequently a bear shifter by the name of Barnard Koen, Dolion Callisthenes introduced himself as a Selkie which makes him the first one I have met, but I couldn't shake the feeling that he wasn't being completely honest about himself and the way he kept looking at me just creeped me out.

The meeting lasted longer than expected, it didn't help that every time I bought up Dieanira's case Dolion either changed subject completely or asked more questions than even needed about her and where she is being held. Finally free from the torture of the meeting I lean forward on the table as the council members start to leave and rub at my temples, before the room is even empty Leon comes to my side and presses a kiss to my forehead, he take my hand and helps me to stand before he pulls me into his side and leads me back to my no our quarters, I smile as o rest my head on his chest and the feeling of eyes burning in the back of my head made me pick up the pace. Leon didn't questions me he just sped up along with me and as we reached the confines of the room I sighed in relief to finally be able to get out of this death trap of a gown, "I don't trust him" Leon stated, "who?" I made my way to my dresser to pull put a pair of sweats and a vest, "Dolion Callisthenes" his voice held a strange bitterness when he said his name, "neither do I, he creeps me out" I admit, turning to head towards the bathroom I find Leon is suddenly blocking my path, he pull's me into a hug and sighs into my shoulder, "I hate that he had the nerve to put his hands on you", I pulled back ever so slightly, "you and me both", I cup his face with my hands and kiss him lightly, he smiles against my lips and I feel the tension leave his shoulders.

I wake to a deafening roar and jump out of bed realizing Leon isn't with me, another roar sounds from the hall way and I can hear screams and shouts as well as swords clashing, quickly jumping to action I rush out into the hallway to find Leon in his lion form and two guards trying to fight back a dozen warriors wearing the symbol of Itzel, I suck in a breath as one of them lunges towards Leon with his sword and I feel my wings pop out of my back instantly. I throw a blast of air towards the Warrior and he spins through the air hitting the opposite wall, a couple of the warriors advance on me and with a smirk I flick my wrist causing a bubble of water to appear wrapped around their heads, their eyes bulge out as they try and claw and my water magic, I leave them thrashing around on the floor no longer bothered weather they live or die and advance towards the remaining three to find they had already been disabled by Leon and the guards. Shaking my shoulders I allow my wings to conceal themselves once more and Follow Leon's Lion down the hall, their are several guards passed out or dead around the entry to the cells beneath, I try not to pay them too much attention as I skirt my way around the bodies.

My heart is pounding in my chest as I tiptoe down towards the guards station and cant help the shocked gasp I let out at the sight of blood smeared across the window, I turn to see Leon bounding down the cells a low growl emitting from his chest and I follow slowly, when I finally catch up I find him in his human form crouched down, "Dieanira has escaped, we can only assume that Than is planning to attack" he stands and makes to move towards me when his eye's widen and I feel a sharp sting in my neck, my eyelids instantly get heavy and I feel that I am being lowered to the ground I fight to keep my eye's open and I can still hear Leon, "what have you done to her?", the faint sounds of fighting reach me, grunts and moans of pain then next thing I know Leon is lying beside me completely unconscious, I try to reach out to him and I find I can't move as my eyelids finally fall tightly shut.