Two years later

I stood on the beach with the sand beneath my toes listening to  the waves of the oceans, a cool breeze sweeping my hair back as I lost myself to the moment, "Clara..." my Mom's voice trailed toward me, I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder and I turned to look at my human Mother, she chuckled lightly as she lead me toward the small party that gathered here, "is everything ok?" she sked with genuine concern, I sighed and embraced her fully, "it is now" I whispered as a tear spilled over and ran down my cheek. It had been two years since the battle at the palace where i wiped Than and his army of death out of existence and two years since I had reconnected with my human Mother, we were in the human world right now celebrating mine and Leon's engagement, even Magus and Fiona joined us on this visit and I couldn't of been happier.

Fiona and Barnard stayed on as advisors to the crown as it didn't matter how much I protested and begged for the council to remain after what happened with Than, the whole of Faerie believed I was meant to rule so all I could do was resign myself to fact knowing I would do so fairly with my trusted advisors at my side, Dad had returned to the human realm acting as an ambassador of sorts for the Fae who grew up here or who had immigrated there, the darkness was still with me, the shadows still whispered to me but they were faint and I had full control over them, when Madame Sybil had warned me against the shadows I don't think she had foresaw that I would claim them and bend them to my will, Magus seemed to think it was because when it came to the darkness no future was surely set.

I plopped down on the towel next to Leon and leaned against his chest wishing that this day didn't have to end, but we couldn't stay in the mortal realm forever when we had so much work still to be done to rebuild Faerie and reclaim Itzel and it's inhabitants, it was no easy task as some of Than's supporters still lingered hoping for his great return or plotting against me, so as the old saying goes the battle must go on...