- Chapter 8 -

★ ⤝—⤠ ★

Kipo's POV

"Noo...! Now what do we do?!" I yelled, pacing around the floor.

"Oh! I have an idea, have Mandu follow her scent! He's got to have a decent nose, right?" Benson suggested.

"That won't work, i've tried to get him to smell the fur but i don't think he recognizes the scent." I sighed. "I could use my sense of smell but being in my mega jaguar form might attract attention and maybe that's how Y/n got captured."

"I think we should go after your dad first, Kipo." Wolf finally managed to say.

"What about Y/n?!" Dave said.

"I think she's right." I said, holding back tears. "He would know how to help us."

"Besides, i bet Y/n would've said that same thing, she'll definitely find her way back to us and even if she doesn't, we're here to save her." Wolf said, while also holding back tears of her own.

"Alright, let's do this!"

I heard a few noises coming from the rubble and went to investigate. Behind it were Troy, Asher, & Dahlia.

"THANK GOSH YOU GUYS WEREN'T TAKEN!" I exclaimed, at least I had some of my friends still. Though i still felt an urge to go after Y/n any minute now.

"I mean- Sorry i couldn't watch out for you guys, it was pretty crazy out there." I said.

"No worries, but WOAH we didn't really have time to process your.. arm." Dahlia said.

"Oh yeah..."

"If you guys are going after that mute that destroyed the burrow, we want in!" Troy exclaimed.

"I don't know about that... I don't want any of you to get hurt." I said, turning down his idea.

"I have an idea!" Benson said. "How about we split up, two of us can go get Lio back & the rest can take Kipo's friends to the Timbercats? I'm sure they wouldn't mind a few people."

"Alright!"

The team split up, Dave going with Kipo on the rescue mission, and Wolf & Benson taking Troy, Asher, & Dahlia to the Timbercats.

Y/n's POV

'Ow...My head...' I mumbled as i appeared to have a horrible headache. I slowly opened my eyes to see a cage. Wait- Is this a cage? I reached my hand up to touch the glass which appeared to be a cage. Huh. A glass cage. I decided to punch it with my mute paw. Glass is easy to break, though my paw will probably get a bit injured. I went to punch the cage and nothing happened. All i got was a sore paw.

"Oh. You're awake." A voice said.

I rubbed my hand over my eye to see a bit clearer. A person wearing a weird cloak was standing in front of the cage.

"Where am i?! What did you do with my friends?" I yelled at the person.

"A lab. Nothing much. Oh, your friends. I didn't do anything with them. I only took you." The cloaked person answered.