- Chapter 13 -

★ ⤝—⤠ ★

Y/n's POV

It's been a few months since we've defeated Scarlemagne but our only issue is that Dr. Emilia is still out there, most likely scheming. Just the other day, Kipo had held a meeting and found out mutes have been going missing and she's concluded that Emilia is gathering test subjects.

"Hey, Y/n, you okay?" Kipo asked, sitting next to me on the tree i was leaning against.

"Yeah, just lost in thought.."

"So I kind of came over here to ask you, do you wanna help me find Emilia? I think i've gotten some solid evidence of where she is." She said.

"Oh, sure. Seems better then just sittin' around all day." I answered.

Since Kipo said turning into our mute forms would be distracting, even though i thought they would be useful, we had to fly in the sky on this bug-like vehicle.

I was looking at the water, searching for Emilia, while I spotted a ship in the distance.

"Over there, Kipo!" I yelled.

She looked to where i was pointed and noticed the cruise ship as well. We got near the ship and saw that the people that went with Emilia were all here, which meant Dr. Emilia was around here somewhere.

Kipo and her group headed towards the cafeteria while i wanted to search the search the ship.

"Y/n?! Where are you going? This is a stealth mission!" Kipo whispered.

"And i'm being stealthy! I'm just going to go snoop around the ship quietly okay?" I said, whispering back.

She sighed and hid under some tables. I ran towards a room and quickly closed the door, hoping nobody heard me.

I started to explore the room and it looked like a study room? No maybe a lab? Something like that. I didn't see any cages or the mutes Kipo was talking about. Except their was a poorly drawn mute? I think on a whiteboard. I walked over to it and it kinda looked like Solaxy. Their was also some math near the drawing and random numbers that i didn't understand. I looked over to the left of the picture and another mute drawing was there. Except this one looked like Kipo's mega jaguar. A big 'X' went through the drawing and an arrow that led from the Solaxy drawing was pointed towards the mega jaguar.

'Did the drawing imply Solaxy would get 'rid' of Kipo in some way?' I thought. I didn't understand the implications on the board since i almost have full control on my form, so why would I go after Kipo? Unless someone forced me, or controlled me.....?  I was zoned out while thinking about the drawing that I almost didn't hear a loud explosion that sounded like it was next door.

"AH!" I yelled out loud. The room seemed intact except for a busted door. Their must've been an explosion of some sort?

I then heard a loud roar. 'That was Kipo wasn't it?!' I ran out of the room after kicking down the door and saw Kipo, who just transitioned back into a human, pleading with either Dr. Emilia or the crowd of people. I stayed near the wall, not wanting to cause trouble by intervening. Then I saw a dart fly near Kipo and I rushed in between them and grabbed Kipo and her group while turning into Solaxy so I could run off with them.

I looked back to see Emilia with an angered face. That'll show her, nobody hurts Kipo or her friends.

"Y/N! Why did you do that! You could've gotten hurt or shot by the dart!" I heard Kipo yell above me.

I turned back into a human when we reached ground and said, "Well i didn't want you getting hurt.." She looked at me and blushed a little, 'wait she blushed?!' "Anddd i didn't want your friends to get hurt, or whatever.." I finished my sentence up quickly. She smiled a bit but I could tell she didn't have the same look once i mentioned her friends. 'That didn't mean anything did it? Maybe she's jealous of her best friend saving her other friends, right?' I thought, puzzled.