- Chapter 9 -

★ ⤝—⤠ ★

Kipo's POV

Me and Dave had been flying for a while on the flamingo, looking for signs of Scarlemagne.

"Over there!" Dave yelled, pointing to what looked like Scarlemagne's palace.

We dove into the roof on...accident. Or i guess we crashed. We didn't see any signs of my dad or anyone else for that matter. We still kept our guard up just in case someone was here.

While searching around, i spotted my dad instead a cell-like room. Though he was being watched by two guards.

"Dave! I found him over here." I whisper-yelled, hoping he would be close by to hear.

I heard shuffling next to me and Dave quietly peeked behind the wall and saw the guards.

"Maybe we should make some sort of plan before we-." I heard Dave say before i cut him off by charging at the guards.

I got my jaguar paw out, ready to strike.

"KIPO! What are you doing!? Your going to get hurt!-" My dad yelled.

The guards sprayed some sort of pink perfume looking stuff at me, expecting it to do something.

"Wha... Why isn't this working??" I heard one of them say, surprised to say the least.

While they were shocked and distracted, i knocked them out with my paw. Yes! Time to free my dad, and go after y/n.. I thought, a small blush appearing when i thought of her. That probably didn't mean much, did it?

I quickly slashed the cell bars to let my dad out.

"Kipo.. Your okay!" He exclaimed. "Where are the others..?"

"Oh Wolf, Benson, and three of my friends went off to the Timbercats. Dave is with me and..." I answered, but thinking about losing Y/n hurt a lot and i couldn't keep myself from crying at the memory.

"Hey, hey, it's okay.. Is Y/n with you guys or?" He said slowly.

"No... I-i got her captured! It was my fault..!" I said, sobbing into his shoulder.

"Oh Kipo..."

"We we're about to go rescue you and as I was helping us get on the flamingo sh- she was gone.. I only have a tuft of her fur left.." I finished saying, wiping my eyes.

"I don't think it was your fault, whatever happened to her, you had no control in it." I heard Dave say behind me.

My dad nodded at the statement, even though he wasn't there at the time, he knew I wouldn't be at fault for this.

"We should find somewhere to escape now, shall we?" My dad suggested.

"We could take the flamingo, i got it to fly last time so it shouldn't be hard to do it again." I answered.

"I don't know.. Here why don't we climb this tree to get out? Its a quieter way to escape, hopefully." He objected.

"No..no.. I got this!" I said, almost tacking the flamingo to get control of the reins.