- Chapter 15 -

★ ⤝—⤠ ★

Kipo's POV

It's been days, or weeks since Y/n disappeared. And since then, Dr. Emilia has been after us so I got help from some mutes and we've built a death ivy wall around the Timbercat Village. As much as I feel safer here with the ivy, I still feel like looking for Y/n. 'But what if she left on her own? What if she joined Emilia? No she wouldn't. That's not like her.' I shook my head.

"Hey, you doing alright, Kipo?" Benson said, walking towards me.

"Not really. I still want to go after Y/n." I answered him, looking down.

He sighed. "I know, but maybe we can look for her after defeating Emilia. And if Dr Emilia took Y/n, then we'll get her back."

"That's the problem though! If Emilia took her, who knows what she's done to her! I can't sleep knowing that Y/n might be hurt or in trouble and i can't do anything." I said, raising my voice slightly. Tears started to spill out of my eyes.

Wolf and Dave seemed to notice me crying and came to comfort me, along with Benson.

————————

After what happened yesterday, more mutes started to come to the village to protect themselves and i asked a few if they'd seen someone that looked like Y/n and i didn't get many answers.

I then heard some commotion near the wall and realized that Emilia and her group had managed to get the the village. They only seemed to be picking at the ivy so I still had time to think of how I could defeat her without a fight. I then called my friends over to make a plan.

"What if we set traps around the village to stop them or potentially capture them?" I asked them.

"That could work, let's get started." Wolf answered.

"Alright! Operation Leafy Leaf is a go!" I yelled.

"That's the name we're going with?" Dave asked.

"Yup!"

We all started to set up traps and the others joined us, even Scarlemagne agreed to help.

After the traps were set up, and Emilia's group got in the village, our plan had worked. It seemed that everyone had been captured, along with Dr. Emilia, who was in one of those glass cages. Two of my friends, Asher and Dahlia, went to rescue their parents from the traps, since they wanted to let their parents know that mutes weren't enemies, but Emilia was all along.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the glass cage Emilia was in break, and she got out. Along with a few members of the Human Resistance. They all had those darts that Y/n and Yumyan were shot with.

I got my jaguar paws out, ready to defend myself and the mutes in the village. A few seconds later, darts were being shot from almost everywhere, some mutes getting shot in the process. Even though I said I didn't want to have to fight Dr. Emilia, she was hurting my friends and might've hurt Y/n. I can't let anymore mutes get cured.

I turned into my mega jaguar form and roared at the people shooting the darts. They started to raise their crossbows at me and Dr. Emilia shot me first, earning a shocked reaction when it didn't work. She must've realized that since it has my DNA in it, it won't get rid of my mega jaguar form. More people started to shoot darts at me and I got tired of getting poked by the darts so I roared at them again, and moved closer. I saw Emilia faint and get carried off while someone yelled for everyone to retreat.

Once they were all gone I realized what a loss this was for us. I looked around, some mutes held their cured friends.

If only i got shot by the dart earlier, none of this would've happened.

—————

With more mutes being cured, I wanted to go after Emilia and sink her boat but Dave stopped me and told me that not all humans are bad and sinking the boat wouldn't be the best course of action. Instead, I still went after the ship in my mute form and went to talk with the people.

Everyone on the ship seemed scared that I had been running towards them being a mega jaguar, but I let them know that I initially came here out of anger for my mute friends, but decided to come in peace. I then got an idea to invite the people to what I call, "Party Reconciling All Humans and Mutes", or "Prahm" for short. Everyone seemed to consider the idea, and even Dr. Emilia accepted the invite. I wasn't sure on how she would take this but maybe she wants to make peace between us. I can't really see her doing that but maybe this is a chance to finally get Y/n back.

...............
829 words
currently working on the ending for this book! It should be out tomorrow or the following day. <3
thanks for 500+ reads! ❤️