Chapter ~•Ten•~

ᴅᴇᴄᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 25 1914
------------------------------

"You don't understand Reich, I can't go out like this!! E-Everyone will obviously notice!! You go by yourself, I'll stay home!" Austria-Hungary said, he seemed panicked a worried about something he didn't want their enemies to see. Reich placed his hands on his blind lover's shoulders, "Calm down, with your military uniform on it shouldn't be obvious."

"You expect me to wear a military uniform to a Christmas celebration?!" The Austro-Hungarian said while trying to glare at his German boyfriend despite not being able to see.

"Then what will you wear to hide that?!"

"Nothing!! Because I'm not going!!"

Reich groaned and looked at the blind man, "Come on, it's Christmas, let's just go. Britain and I had signed a temporary peace treaty for today just so our soldiers could celebrate this holiday and not miss it. France and Russia will be there too."

"They're our enemies! They're trying to gain our trust, we can't let them!" Austria was trying to find any excuse to avoid going to this event but Reich wasn't gonna let that happen. "Do you really want to be home alone?! You need someone to keep an eye on you! What if you get hurt because of something you can't even see?!"

Austria sighed, "Please Reich, they'll find out..."

"They won't. I promise..." The German reassured him. Austria finally caved and agreed to go to this Christmas
celebration with him despite not actually wanting to.

The main reason for him not wanting to go was because six months prior, during August, he found out that he was in fact pregnant with Reich's kid. Reich already knew and did his best to help Austria hide it but it would've been suspicious if he didn't show up to this party.

It was just for one day, that was it.

One day of no war, of peace, and of celebration.

"Let's get going love..." Reich said.

"Alright... Let's go..."

---A few hours later---

The party was going well, everyone was talking and having a good time. Austria-Hungary on the other hand was very uncomfortable mainly due to the fact that his only ally there was Reich.

Everyone else was an enemy, Britain, France, and Russia. Prussia was also there but refused to be inside the same building as his brother. He was currently outside smoking and enjoying the nice day while everyone else was inside.

Russia was talking to France, and Britain was talking to Reich and giving him some cigarettes as a small gift. In return Reich gave him some plums, and afterwards they just had a friendly talk.

Austria couldn't see but he was able to hear everything that was going on. Right now he was by himself drinking some water since that was the only other beverage besides beer, whiskey, and vodka.

He heard someone walking in his direction, the sound of their footsteps were heavy so clearly whoever it was must be a large guy. Bigger than Reich, that's for sure. Britain was the smallest there so it couldn't be him, France was shorter than Reich so it couldn't have been him either- The only obvious answer would be Russia.

"Russia... Nice to meet you again."

The Russian Empire knew that Austria was blind and saw that he had both of his eye patches on so he was confused about how he knew he was there, "Aren't you blind..?"

"Yes, but I heard you walking over here." Austria said then sipped some of the water. "Being blind for so long has enhanced my other senses, like hearing and smell. Come to think of it, you smell like vodka and gun powder."

Russia chuckled a bit, "Interesting to know. How have you been doing these past few months?"

"I've been doing fine. And you?"

"I've also been doing well. That's a very thick jacket you're wearing, are you cold?"

Austria nodded, "Very."

Reich walked up to them, "Hallo Russland..." He looked up at the much taller Empire, "It's nice to see you again..."

The Russian nodded, "It is indeed... Well, Merry Christmas to you both."

"Merry Christmas to you too Russia."

Austria suddenly felt a jolt of pain in his stomach and dropped his glass of water, "Fuck-" He mumbled under his breath. Reich immediately got worried, "Are you alright?" Russia looked at Austria-Hungary in a confused manner and didn't say anything.

"I-I'm fine... I just need to go sit down..."

Reich grabbed Austria's hand then led him to a nearby chair and had him sit down, "Bist du sicher, dass es dir gut geht?" He whispered.

"Mir geht es gut... It's just the baby is kicking again, harder then last time." The Austro-Hungarian whispered back.

Reich sighed softly then held Austria's hand tightly, "Maybe we should leave already... It's going to get dark soon anyways."