Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

While Niall and I were sitting on the couch there was a knock at the door.

"That'll be the detective." I sighed as I got up and answered the door.

"Are you Jade?" A tall man with a bald head asked.

"Yes, I'm Jade." I nodded. "Come in." I stepped a side so he could come in.

"And you must be Niall." The man said as he sat down in the chair across from Niall and I.

Niall nodded.

"Alright, I just need to ask you guys a few questions." He replied.

"Oh, I also have their cell phones. I know the passwords to get into them as well. I looked through text messages and found out they were using and selling drugs for my father." I told him.

"May I see the phones, please?" He asked.

I went to my bag and grabbed the phones, typing in the passwords and handed him the small devices.

"Looks like your sister and her boyfriend are now in some deep trouble along with your father and Dean." He said.

I nodded, telling him to go on.

"First off, Dean is getting charged with rape and from the looks of these texts, he's been doing Heroin and Cocain. Same with your family and Tate. So that's two charges. Angel and Tate get drug charges, and assult charges." He nodded and then continued reading.

"There's somehing else you should know too." I said, thinking back at what my mom told me while I was knocked out.

"What is it?" He asked.

"My father paid a bunch of hookers to kill my mom. They didn't just jump her for money." I confest.

"It's true, he told me that straight to my face." Niall interupted.

He looked between us, looking over our faces to see if we were lying. We obviously were telling the truth.

"Well, that'll be another charge." He stated.

We nodded and he continued.

"Well... I guess I have enough proof to put them all away for a very long time. Jade, you're safe now." He told me.

I smiled and nodded. "Thank you, detective." 

"If you need anything or have questions please call me." He handed me a business card.

"I'll be in touch to let you know when you two must appear in court." He nodded and left.

I sighed and leaned into Niall. He wrapped his arms around me and I smiled up at him. "You're staying here with me still, right?" I asked.

"Of course, only if you want me to." He replied.

"I do." I said and places a soft kiss on his lips.

~The next day~

I woke up with Niall's strong arms around me. I looked under the covers to see his shirtless body and couldn't help but blush. He was fit.

I snuck out of bed and traveled downstairs to make some breakfast. Being Niall's friend, you learn to cook for him... A lot. And seeing as I was now his girlfriend, I'd have to cook for him even more. Which didn't really bother me considering I like to cook.

While I was making his eggs and bacon and I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and I knew it was Ni.

I smiled when his still shirtless body appeared next to me in the kitchen next to me.