Chapter 8 - Home

Kate's POV:

The next morning I was hit with a splitting headache.

Everything that happened last night seamed unreal.

I kissed Harry Styles. Me.

I sat up fast and all the blood rushed to my head making me feel dizzy.

Maybe I had too many drinks last night. Just a few too many.

My phone buzzed and I looked down to see I had been tagged in a photo on Facebook.

I logged on, assuming it was just my friends posting some fun photos from last night.

What I saw astounded me. It was pictures of me kissing Harry!

"The bloody paps!" I screamed.

The photo had already received 36 thousand likes and it was posted just 6 hours ago.

I quickly called Harry.

"Hello Kate." He answered.

"Harry! Have you checked Facebook!" I was panting loudly.

"Not yet, what's happened?"

"The paps Harry! The bloody paps!" I was so angry. How could I let this happen.

"What happened Kate!" He was yelling into the phone.

"There are photos all over the Internet about me kissing you!"

"No.no.no.no.no. This can not happen! This could ruin my career!"

"Now Harry, I wouldn't go that far."

"Kate you need to come over so we can discuss this." He was very serious.

"ok, I'll just tell the girls-"

"No Kate. Just you."

.

.

.

.

.

-One Directions hotel-

I pulled up outside a tall hotel. This must be where they are staying.

I checked my surroundings and prayed that no one would recognize me then follow me in.

I confidently walked into the building then into the elevator. Must I say, I was very impressed. Everything looked like it had just been polished and reconditioned.

The elevator made a ding and I stepped out into the hallway of doors.

Apartment number 563.

Here it is. I hope he didn't tell me the wrong number.

I knocked loudly with a clenched fist.

The door swung open and a familiar face grabbed me and pulled me inside.

The door slammed shut behind me.

"Kate, how could this happen!" He looked into my eyes.

"How about a hello?" I smiled softly at him.

"There is no time. This has already been blown out of proportion." He was hot when he was mad.

"I understand, but we can figure something out." I tried to explain.

"The paps. They're everywhere. I can never escape them. I should have been more careful." He rested his head on my shoulder.

"Harry, I have a really bad headache and I'm tired. I don't want to talk about this right now." I looked at him sternly.

"I understand." He spoke more calmly now.

I walked over to his couch and plonked myself comfortably in the center.

"Then why did you come here?" He seamed confused.

"Harry, I'm worried." I tried not to make eye contact.

He grabbed my hand, his hands were soft.

"What about, Kate?" He raised my chin.

"I know you don't live here, but I do. And someday you are going to have to go home."

"Kate, I don't want to leave you."

"I don't either, but this city is my home."

"Buy a house in Hollywood near mine." He stared at me, his eyes were twinkling.

"Harry, I'm not a superstar, I have a day job, not a career. I spent every last penny on my car."

"You can stay with me." He was desperate now.

"I haven't finished school Harry. I can't leave." I felt a tear glide down my face.

"Please." He whispered.

"I'm in my last year Harry, I'll have to wait a few more months." He wiped my tear away.

"If you can't move then I will."

"No Harry, you can't. You have your fans and you can not let them down."

"I can't let you down."

"Harry. You need to go home." I began to cry again.

"Home is wherever I'm with you."

A.N
Short chapter, cheesy last line 😜