10- Dodgeball

Brandon's P.O.V.

"Fuck!" What the hell am I doing?

I never should have asked her to be my partner. I never should have gone to her house. I never should have played that fucking game with her.

I was taking all my aggression out on this poor punching bag at the gym. Talking with Riley was a mistake… a big fucking mistake. She was unlike anything I've ever experienced before. She was like a drug that I craved and was addicted to… and I definitely needed a hit. 

Talking with her only made me crave her that much more. How could I willingly bring her into my world? She was scared of zombies for fuck sakes… zombies? Who the hell is afraid of zombies?

Just the thought of that made me smile. God that woman was something else.

I rested my head on the bag. Breathing heavy as I closed my eyes, picturing her beautiful green eyes and her pink lips. If she's scared of zombies, I couldn't imagine what the real monsters of the world would do to her, because nothing is worse than the people in my world.

"Fuck!" I groaned.

Now that she was single it was like my body naturally pulled me towards her. Before I knew she was taken so she was off limits, she wasn't the cheating type. So I watched her from afar all these years like every other guy at our school did... So why couldn't I do that now?

It doesn't help with the looks she gives me either. That contagious smile and those eyes are enough to set my whole body on fire. She's beautiful inside and out and God knows it was going to be a struggle staying away.

****
Riley's P.O.V.

"I hated Mondays." I whined to Brynn and Kira as we headed into school.

Weekends are never long enough. I went to the mall with the girls yesterday and then they all came over to my house afterwards to go swimming in my pool outside.

My mind kept wandering to Brandon all weekend, wondering what he was doing. I started multiple texts to him but deleted every single one of them. I wasn't sure if we were even friends and I didn't want to embarrass myself thinking we were.

I was at my locker when Paul came running up. "Is it true, Brandon was at your house Friday night?"

"What?" I shrieked.

"You heard me."

"How could you possibly know that?"

All my friends surrounding us were now looking at me confused, Josh included.

"Issac said he delivered a pizza to your house and Brandon opened the door."

"Well, is it true?" Kira asked.

"Yes, he came over and we worked on our project. What's the big deal?"

"Why didn't you tell us when we were over yesterday.?" Brynn asked.

"I don't know, I don't tell you when my grandparents come over... so? We worked on the project, ate pizza and he left."

"You like him?" Paul said, playfully nudging my shoulder.

"Oh my God. I'm going to class."

"Holy shit you do. Your bypassing the question, only people that are guilty do that."

"You're an idiot."

Brynn and Kira caught up to me, looking around I noticed it was just the three of us now. "Okay, I think like him."

The two girls squealed. "I knew it." Brynn said.

"Calm down, it's not like that. We aren't even friends really and it's not like I want a relationship at this moment because Josh and I just broke up but… there's so much more to Brandon than what he shows at school."