16- The date

Riley's P.O.V.

The week flew by and the questions about Brandon and I were still circling. I've shared very little information and to be honest there wasn't much to tell, we weren't a thing and everything else was nobody's business but ours.

Tonight was my date with Brandon, the date I've been waiting for all week. I had the best time with him at the beach, so tonight I was excited to see what he had planned.

There was a knock on the front door. I hurried downstairs to answer it before my parents got to it.

"I got it." I said running in front of Dad.

Opening the door, there stood Brandon in a pair of jeans and a green button down t-shirt.

"Hi."

He smiled. "Hi, these are for you." He handed me a bouquet of red roses.

"These are beautiful, thank you. Come in."

He walked in and my mom instantly greeted him. "Hello dear, nice to see you again. Ri, I can take these beautiful flowers for you. I'll put them in a vase and set them up in your room."

"Thank you." I smelled them before handing them to her.

"Sir." Brandon nodded towards my Dad, extending a hand, giving him a firm handshake.

"Brandon, can I expect you to bring my daughter home tonight?" Dad asked politely with a stern tone laced into his voice.

"DAD-"

"Yes Sir."

"Great, because if anything happens to her-"

Mom walked back into the room, interrupting Dad. "Oh my goodness, Richard. Leave the poor boy alone."

Dad smiled, turning towards me. "Be safe, be smart. Have fun."

I laughed, kissing Dad's cheek, "We will. Love you."

"I love you too, do you have your mase" He whispered before I pulled away.

"Stop it!" I whispered back.

I walked over to Brandon, he placed his hand on my back, leading us out the front door and to his car. Opening the door for me, he helped me in before getting into the driver's seat.

"I hope you're hungry."

"Starving, where are we going?"

"Do you like Italian?"

"Yes."

"Good, there's this little Italian restaurant that has the best food."

****
After arriving at the restaurant, we were seated and ordered our food.

"Is your dad really overprotective of you or is it just because of me?"

The question caught me off guard, "Oh, umm-"

"It's okay. I want you to be honest with me, it's not like I'm not used to it."

"My dad is protective of me but to be fair, they don't know you. Isn't that the way it goes in every new friendship?"

He shook his head as he looked down at his napkin on the table.

"What was that for?" I questioned.

"Nothing."

"Brandon?"

"I don't even know why you want to be here with me?"

"Are we seriously doing this right now? I've waited all week for this date and I feel like you're pushing me away again."