Explainations & Preparation (Cpt. 12)

~ Techno's POV ~

Once she calmed down, still hugging me, I could tell she had questions.

"Let me explain what's happened while you were out, I thought you would want to know..."

She nodded, urging me on.

"...in all honesty, you've been out for two days. In that time, we sent Dream and some of his men home, evacuated your village, and temporarily moved them into particular houses. We assumed Dream wouldn't be...pleased with your decision, and moved the villagefolk into town before letting him go. Since they're considered refugees, their food, shelter, and water are all free. We also explained to them that you were alive, but gravely injured."

This entire time, she lay unmoving. She was still hugging me and had her head buried in my chest. She finally spoke up, her voice hoarse from crying. I felt bad for her, petting her head again as she spoke.

"What about that one guy...the guy who..."

"He's in the prison, would you like to talk to him?" I asked, softening my voice.

"Later."

I pet her hair, aware that I was still in the same bed as her and being hugged to death, but trying to comfort her in any possible way.

"How am I...how come they didn't kill me?" She asked after a moment of silence.

I hesitated, before responding. "To be honest, I don't know. Once I heard your scream from what I assume was your stomach wound, I kinda...blacked out." I purposely left out the voices, I didn't want her to think I was insane.

[...lmao coward...technoscared...wimpppp...]

Shut it.

"Are you hungry? What do you want to eat?" I asked, realizing she hadn't eaten anything the past two days.

"I need some water...and maybe ribs I don't know. Just food." She was mumbling that entire time, most likely because her throat was still sore.

"Ranboo?!" I shouted out.

I was met with purple teleportation particles a moment later, and he looked at us still hugging, technically cuddling, but didn't say a word.

"Can we get her some water and ribs as soon as possible? Thank you." I smiled as he teleported away.

"...you're lying."

I was taken aback, but I knew she wasn't technically wrong. "What do you mean?"

She hesitated, unsure of herself, before responding. "Sometimes, after you say something, I see you space out a bit. Sometimes your body language changes too. You...shifted weird after you said that you blacked out."

I hesitated, questioning whether or not I should tell her, before making my decision.

"I can tell you later, but not yet. I promise I'll tell you about it once I'm ready."

She nodded, clearly content with that, before letting go of me and sitting up. Her face was slightly tear-stained, but other than that she looked like she normally did.

I grabbed her chin and faced her towards me, wiping the streams that were drying under her eyes.

"Yknow, your eyes are really pretty. I don't think I've ever seen as beautiful as yours. So pretty, like a leaf reflecting the summer sun, unbeknownst to the ever approaching autumn."

Oh shit- did I really just say that? That's so goddamn cheesy. She probably thinks I'm weird now.

[...LMAO...TECHNOSIMP....Y/NNOBLADE...SIMPPPPP...]

You guys are relentless.

Instead, she laughed, a small blush forming on her face. Her laugh; it was strangely soothing. I immediately relaxed, realizing how perfect she was.

A moment later, Ranboo teleported back to find her laughing with a plate of food in one hand and a cup of water in the other, and a small child clinging to his leg named Micheal.

Her laughter died down before gesturing to Ranboo. "Thank you, I'm starving."

As soon as Ranboo handed Y/N the food, she dug in. I couldn't believe how fast she was eating. Micheal ran over to where I was sitting at the end of the bed and looked up at me, so I smiled back and pat his head.

"How've you been Micheal?"

He shrugged, eyeing the maiden who was slightly eyeing him back.

I picked Micheal up. "She's from a far off land, many many miles away. Her home is beautiful, and I think I saw a fairy. You would've loved it Micheal." I smiled at the kid, who I saw was smiling back, with a spark of wonder in his eyes.

What I didn't see was the adoring stare she gave me.

When she was done eating, and not a single piece of meat left on the plate, she wiped her hands on a napkin Ranboo had given her and taken a drink of water, followed by stretching.

"We should go do that thing, Techno."

I stopped talking to Micheal, facing her. "Are you sure? You woke up less than an hour ago. Not only that, but-"

I saw the look on her face; determination. If there was one thing I had learned when she was awake, she didn't like giving up easily.

I cut myself off and sighed, setting Micheal on the floor and nodding to Ranboo.

"We should get going then." I held my hand out for her, which she grabbed, and put her body weight on me.

"Can you carry me? I can't walk remember?" She giggled.

I rolled my eyes, giving her a playful jab, before bending down so she could get a ride on my back.

_____________________
Word count: 905 words
Written: 07/04/21