Symptoms (3)

I sit on my chair, absorbing the things that I'm hearing, hoping this is all a dream.  Unfortunately it's not.

"You see, doctor Shawn, as you know Sophia has had here severe stomach pain issues.."

I nod.

"Well, there are alarming signs that show the interference of this severe stomach pain issues with her pregnancy."

"Doctor John, is it not too early to draw these conclusions?" I say, wishing to have a bit of hope for an answer.

"You're completely right doctor, it is too early to draw conclusions, but it is a prediction of the evidence given to us. We should not ignore these alarming signs. There may be a crossover of the stomach issues and the pregnancy. Although it is an early sign, we should definitely do something." 

"Okay, so there is hope right?" I ask.

"There is, but the negatives so far seem to outweigh them considerably doctor." He says

I run my fingers through my hair and trying to calm down.

"As for the solutions that we have... we don't have much options. I'm sure you know one of them doctor." He says.

"Other than abortion doctor what are the alternatives? I know strong medicine isn't advisable for pregnant women, doctor John I don't want to hurt any of them. Is having a diet effective at all?" I say while starting to feel nervous

"Not much, but we should definitely try it, for a little improvement. We can also attempt to supplements and other treatments to increase support for her, but also, not that effective." 

"So we can't use the medication of her stomach pain that were prescribed to her, although they had a significant positive impact?"

"That's right, it's too strong for her." 

"Then let's get right into it. The earlier the better" I said.

After John left my office, I felt empty and numb. This would devastate Sophia, she went through so much, let alone this to add onto that. I can't do that to her, these are all predictions and this issue may be resolved. I'm not breaking her based on predictions, i'll do everything that I can to protect my queen and my little angel.

My nurse entered the office, saying Sophia is calling for me.

I dashed to Sophia's room, slightly panicked. "Hey baby you all right? What's wrong" I said while approaching her

"Yeah i'm alright, feeling much better." She says then I sighed from relief

"Shawn you look yellow right now, is everything okay?" She asks.

Not really, I just heard terrible news and I don't know how to react to it

"Yes baby I'm fine, don't worry, it's just the lighting of the hospital" I said, trying to act normal. 

"Oh okay, can we get out of here? I really want to go eat" 

"Yes of course but from now on, everything you eat will be based on the nutritional diet I'm going to hand you, you know, because you're pregnant" 

"Okay sure, Shawn I still can't believe I'm pregnant, I'm still in shock" She says with the cutest giggle coming out of her lips.

"I love you so much, my precious girl" I tell her while smiling, which then faded away while I kissed her head.