Anxiety Attack

It's currently 12 AM. Shawn was in the balcony while I was trying to find my lost bracelet around the living room. Once I found it under the couch pillow, I went to the balcony to check up on Shawn.

I heard Shawn whispering to himself "Breathe in, breathe out" without noticing me standing behind him.

"Shawn? Are you okay? What's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"It's nothing babe." He said with a sigh escaping his lips.

"Babe, open up to me. Are you okay?" I asked once again.

"I'm having an anxiety attack. I feel overwhelmed for no reason, something unknown is just taking over my whole body. The thoughts are accelerating inside my head. I want them to slow down so I could breathe but they won't." His breathing became more rapid, more shallow, then he started to gasp like there's not enough oxygen in the air.

His words were bouncing off him like they were hard rain.

"Shawn, everything's going to be alright, you hear me? We can get through this together. Come here" I said as I gripped my hands into his arm, leading him towards the living room.

He sat down the couch, I kneeled on the floor while holding his hand and looking up to him.

"Sophia" He called breathly.

"I'm right here honey. Now babe I want you to close your eyes and breathe in deeply and exhale, also lie down in this couch. Can you do that for me?" I told him assuringly.

He nodded then lied down in the couch and did what I instructed him to do while closing his eyes.

I was still kneeling on the floor while holding his hand and the other on his chest.

"Is there anything I could do to help? Do you want to be alone? I'll do whatever makes you comfortable."

"Stay" He said as he held my hand tighter while he opened his eyes.

"Okay." I said with an assuring smile, "I love you and you're so strong. I'm so proud of you babe."

A few moments later I noticed him calm down.

"How are you now?" I asked.

"I feel okay now. That was horrible." He said while standing up and helping me up to stand up with him. "I love you so much."

"I love you too" I told him while my face was resting on his chest.

"How did you do that?" He asked.

"Do what?" I said confusingly.

"You were really assuring, it usually takes me half an hour to get rid of my anxiety attack. It's been around seven minutes. That was really impressive."

"I guess you just love me" I said while giggling

"So much" He said as he gave me a kiss.

"You know what's so attractive?" I asked him

"What is?"

"You opening up to me" I said while looking up to him.

"Come here" He said as he lifted me up

Author's note: Hope you liked this one! Mental health is very important and anxiety/panic attacks are really hard to cope with. If you're reading this and you've been through this, I just want to say that you're not alone and you're so so strong.