3

BIGGEST FEAR

"Break up."

Taehyung stared at him with widened eyes, heart shattering into small little pieces.

"I really.. hate to do this, but I'm asking you to break up with him."

"Wh-what?" This must be some joke, right?

Bang PD didn't dare to look into the singers eyes, steeped in guilt. "i know you're also aware of how risky hiding a relationship between you two is. you are BTS, you are worldstars-

"I know where this is going," Taehyung interrupted him with a hard, monotone voice and with a plain expression, "I won't break up with Jeongguk."

They were told not to touch each other in public, they were told not to look at each other, they were even forbidden to talk to each other some times. But break up? Give up on the love of his life like that? No. Not over his corpse.

The elderly man sighed. "I guessed so. You're not only risking your reputation, or Jeongguk's, but from all other members and the company too. It's dangerous- you've been doing a great job in hiding your relationship, but Jeongguk isn't as subtle-

"Don't blame Jeongguk for something that's not his fault" Taehyung looked at him in disbelief, never having expected that Bang Pd, someone like a father figure to him would to do something like that. Out of all people in the company, he always seemed like the most supportive one towards their relationship. "We don't have to discuss this any longer, I won't leave Jeongguk just because you're asking me to."

"I'm not asking that because I say so, I am forced to do this... you were seen together and photos were taken and either you two break up, or you leave Hybe entertainment and with that..." he trailed off, but Taehyung caught up.

"...BTS," he breathed out, heart hammering against his chest in an uncontrollable manner. "B-but what do you mean, what photos?"

"Was it last wednesday when Jeongguk and you went to watch a movie together?" he asked and Taehyung nodded, nervously fidgeting on his seat.

Bang PD pulled an envelope out of his bag, handing it over to the brunette singer. "You can take a look for yourself."

Taehyung's hands were shaking, when he slowly opened the white paper envelope, revealing a set of photos, as mentioned from him and Jeongguk. It was in the movies, at the cinema. There was a photo of them just smiling at each other, another where taehyung looked tired and leaned against Jeongguk's shoulder, then one from the same moment, where Jeongguk was giving him a kiss on the forehead- all in all just photos indicating a romantic relationship between the two bandmates. Taehyung's tummy turned. "B-but we were alone..."

"I can see that..." Bang PD gave him a sympathetic smile.

"G-give us one more chance, please, I-I can't just break up with him, I... I can't break his heart like that..."

Taking the photos back, the boss looked at them, feeling so bad when he sees how happy the two boys look. He hated to make decisions like that, but in the end it won't lie in his hands anymore and they will be forced to either break up or leave their group one or the other way.

"Fine, one more chance, but if something else happens, you are forced to break up. Be careful, the Korean media has all their eyes already on you two and one mistake can destroy it all."

Taehyung looked down, eyes filling with tears. He knows the rules and he knows that Jeongguk knows them too. Everyone knows them. It has been two years since Jeongguk and him had unofficially officially been a couple within their privacy and out of the cameras' sights. They had endured 2 years with the fear of getting caught, with the pressure of giving their best in appearing as normal bandmates, as brothers even on TV and generally in public.

All because of these rules.

He knows there are couples who got kicked out of their entertainment for dating, he should be grateful that him and Jeongguk are still allowed to stay. Still, these couples still seem to be happy, even without their groups or company.

However Taehyung doesn't think he'd be able to leave Bighit/Hybe, or whatever you prefer to call it, though. He could never not see himself without BTS. And he believes that the same goes with his boyfriend, who grew up with BTS and the love of his older brothers in the group.

What he also knows is, that he would never be able to break up with Jeongguk.

Life is complicated, but you need to get through.

"Thank you..." he whispered quietly, "Thank you for the chance" Taehyung bowed his head lightly, on one side so grateful, on the other side still in light disbelief and... fear.

"I'm sorry, Taehyung. I'm really not siding with this, but in the end I can't decide that.." Bang PD got up slowly walking to Taehyung, placing a hand on his shoulder in a comforting manner. "I already tried my best, but they wouldn't even consider it. You have to be careful."

Taehyung just nodded, still looking down, trying to hold the tears in from falling. "I'm just gonna tell Gguk-

"He can't know about this."

taehyung raised an confused eyebrow. "Why? I'll just tell him to be more careful and we-

"You know how stubborn Jeongguk is, if he knows that the possible break up is forced, he won't take it seriously. This would only take the title of your relationship away, but if it gets to the point where you two have to part, he needs to believe you don't want him anymore."

Taehyung stared at him with wide, shocked eyes. "This is fucked up!" He didn't really care about the language he used.

"It's either him or BTS."

"Or both! I can love Jeongguk and am also able to perform and sing! What is the problem here?"

"The problem is, that once someone finds out about you, I'll have to force you to leave the company. And I know you wouldn't want that, Taehyung."

Taehyung shivered lightly, tears rolling down his cheeks. He really had only two options.

"But that can wait, I'm giving you this last chance. Once a photo or a message reaches us again, you need to break up with him."

So, this was really it; his biggest fear becoming reality.