Chapter 7

Willows alarm went off at 7am which she had set the day before as she left to the match to get up early and work on her thesis.

She opened her eyes to look over the edge of her bed, where she only found her clothes laying on the floor.

She turned her head from her right to her left only to look at an empty rest of the bed. George had left. He must have left quietly in the middle of the night, without her noticing it.

A murky veil covered Willows initial good mood. She could have expected it to end like this. George was cocky before this day - why wouldn't he be after. But he was so charming and funny yesterday..we got along so well... Willow thought to herself.

She hadn't moved anything besides her head until now. When she got up, she felt the fun they had yesterday in her pelvis which was now hurting. Yesterday was intense, but it was good, it was really good. George never failed with the consent with every new thing he introduced and the things he did were...WOW was the only thing Willow could think of to describe it.

She looked around the flat, still getting used to the pain in her lower body. George had left nothing behind except the smell the two of them created last night.

Willow made her way to the couch to get the two untouched glasses of whiskey and poured them into the sink.

The pillows on her green couch were messy and all of her clothes were still laying on the floor. She picked them up, fixed the pillows and made her bed. After, she got under the shower washing the sweat from the tennis and the sex off of her.

While massaging her head with shampoo, she had flashbacks of George treating her like no one had ever before. How he was so rough while still being gentle was a mystery to her but she had loved it.

She put on her most comfortable skirt and a white tee and braided her wet hair down her back. Like this she was ready to get working on her thesis and ignore everything else around her. That was all she wanted to do right now, not talk to anybody or think about anything and start a productive week right on Monday morning.

The seven different books and her laptop were already perfectly arranged on her dinner table, just like she had left them the day before. The whole table except one little spot was taken up by this. She kept the little spot free as her eating spot.

After she got a glass of water with lemon in it and made herself a small portion of porridge, she sat down at her desk, opened her laptop and got started.

With her phone turned off she spent 5 hours from 8am to 1pm completely focused on her work, in which she got a lot done. At 1pm she made herself another portion of porridge after noticing that was all she had at home.

She spent another 4 hours working on her thesis and was now almost finished with the rough draft of her main text.

After saving the document, she closed her laptop for the day and turned on her phone again.

A message from her friend Carmen asking to get dinner caught her eye.
Willow texted her back, she'd loved to go and after getting a reply with the details she started getting ready.

Now that the sun was setting it would get a little colder and they would be sitting outside so Willow decided on pants. A loose pair of  thin knit pants with vertical stripes in different shades of blue and gold. She kept her white tee on and swung her brown suede bag over her shoulder as she left.

She went to the restaurant by foot, secretly hoping to run into George - although in a city as big as London, this was quite unlikely. She had no idea what she would say if they were to bump into each other but she just didn't want this to be the end of it.

She arrived without having bumped into anyone.

"There you are!!! I feel like i haven't seen you in ages!" Carmen greeted her.

They sat down at their table and started by ordering a round of cocktails.

"I'm telling you, I don't know this guy but he sounds like a dick. He was only nice to get in bed with you. You can have good sex at any corner. You really shouldn't waste another thought on him." Carmen analyzed the situation after Willow told her about George.

Willow nodded and she knew Carmen was right but following Carmens advice wasn't going to be easy and Willow probably wouldn't anyway, she was too caught up on it.

"Trust me, you'll find some one" Carmen tried to comfort Willow after seeing her stare into the distance with a discontent look on her face.

"Yeah, but when? I'm sick of it" Willow exclaimed. 

Carmen had been in a healthy and perfect relationship for several years - Willow had always admired what Carmen and Paul had. Although Willow always wanted something like it for herself and dreamed of it constantly she never found some one who filled these shoes even remotely.

Carmen grabbed her hand in a comforting manner, she was at a loss of words since she didn't have the heart to explicitly tell Willow she was the problem. Willow had high expectations and she sabotaged herself as soon as a potential candidate arose. She shouldn't lower her standards but she had to stop expecting stuff that was never promised.

For three weeks Willow went to the tennis club every Wednesday, hoping to see George again, since he had been the the last two Wednesday.  She hoped to randomly bump into him in the streets of London and even went to the pub they had been to together a few times in hopes of seeing him again. 

After exactly 21 days of doing so and still no sign of him anywhere she told herself this obsessive behavior had stop once and for all. She couldn't keep doing this to herself, disappointing herself over and over again just because she couldn't  casually be attracted to someone.

Besides swearing to herself she would never let it get this far with anyone else in the future she still had to do something to get over George so she turned the sadness the filled her about him no reaching out and their tiny fling not continuing into hatred.

Turns out she was just as good at making up a terrible personality about someone like she was at making them out to be perfect. So as she actually knew near to nothing about George, she now hated him for being the biggest asshole in the world - all in her imagination not to forget.