Chapter 30

Willow barely heard the door bell ringing over the loud sound of her music, but while it switched to the next song, she finally noticed the knocking on her door. Only now she remembered who she was awaiting and hurried to the door, which gladly didn't take long in her small apartment.

"Sorry, I must have completely overlooked her time" Willow greeted George who was stood in the doorway.

George had to take a moment to appreciate what he saw in front of him - Willow was wearing a pair of light blue jeans, about 15 sizes too big, almost falling off her hip even though she had already rolled up the waistband to make them a big smaller. On her top half nothing but a lavender balconette bra and her hair put up with a claw clip.

He was slightly confused at first until he noticed the paint brush in her hand and the canvas behind her, right next to the dining table.

"What are you painting?" George asked after giving her a peck on the lips as a way of greeting her and then closing the door behind him.

"Oh, just an idea I had this morning. I must have completely lost track of time. I'll be ready in five." Willow told him and put her brush away as she made her way over to the closet to pick out an outfit.

George sat down on her couch while waiting for her just as his phone started ringing and he picked up.

"Hi Toto!" Willow heard him say as she got out of her jeans and started going through her closet to find a dress she could quickly throw over.

After that, only a few yes's and alright's left Georges mouth while his eyes were fixed on Willow the whole time, watching her try on a few dresses only to take them off again and continue searching for a different one while staying in her underwear, which was actually a matching lavender set.

"Yeah, I will. Bye, Toto. Have a good one!" George ended the phone call, just as Willow finally decided on a dress.

She was wearing a short white linen dress, which exposed most of her shoulders and back. As she walked up to the couch, George quickly got up to grab her by her waist and pull her in for another kiss, this time a little more passionate than the peck from before.

"What was that phone call about?" Willow asked curiously, since she knew George had just been at the Mercedes Headquarters this morning and she couldn't tell why Toto would call so soon again.

"I told Toto about all of the issues I was having today and requested some improvements from their side and he just called to let me know that they are already on it and he apologized again." George explained with that ever so calm voice of his, that voice that could comfort Willow no matter how bad the situation was "Oh, and he said he hopes to see you at a Grand Prix again soon."

"That sounds amazing, George. I'm so happy for you." Willow said before going in for a tight hug before she suddenly remembered something and freed herself from his embrace to run over to her bedside table. "I almost forgot to give these to you." she said as she returned to George who stood there with a slightly confused look on his face that lifted quickly after he saw what she had in her hands.

Willow handed him three gold coins - one for each win he had this season so far.

"I'm almost glad Max and Lewis also win some races because I wouldn't know where to find 8 of these coins at once" she chuckled "Three where hard enough to get"

"Thank you, Willow. Really...thank you." George said looking deep into her eyes while curling his fingers around the coins in his hand, "for the coins, for being here, for being you, everything".

The biggest smile formed on Willows lips as she looked up to him, "Let's go, I reckon we've got a reservation." she said and grabbed his hand to pull him towards the door where she grabbed her already packed purse and then opened the door for the two of them.

"You how it's almost a year since we played tennis together last summer?" George started as they were sitting in the restaurant and had just gotten their appetizers.

"Time flies.." Willow responded not know where George was going with that.

"And a week after that it's the summer break..." he said slowly.

"Yeah? Continue" Willow urged him to keep going.

"and I was thinking we should go on a vacation together." he finally proposed.

Willow nodded slowly as the corners of her mouth curled upwards. "What do you have in mind? Where to?"

"Ok, so to be honest I already have something planned but I'll keep it as a surprise"

"George! You can't tell me and then not continue" Willow got a little annoyed but only because she knew her mind would be occupied from now on and she wouldn't be able to think about anything else. "You really want me to go a month wondering everyday where you will take me, thats rude" she tried saying in a serious tone, to try and prank George, but she broke character as soon as the first words left her mouth.

"Well I had to make sure you were up for it. I think I might enjoy your begging a little." he said with a smirk on his face to which Willow lightly hit him in his arm.

"At least I'll be able to come to the British GP in the meantime." Willow said referring to what they had talked about in the car on the way to the restaurant.

"Don't pretend like you're not extremely busy yourself." George teased her. "You literally talked about opening a gallery today. That's big, Willow. You got just as many things going on as me. The weeks will go by and before you know it, we will be on vacation." he said and put his hand on her thigh before leaning over to kiss her cheek.