01 : Encounter

"I did my best as a Farsya. To protect my friends."

"Who are you?"

"You'll know."

I slowly opened my eyes, appeared to be on the roof of my apartment, leaning against the bar. It was about to rain.

"Whose voice was that?" I muttered.

I started to think again, what was I going to do here? Was I just sightseeing?

Rain started to pour down as I walked towards the door. Silent and darkness turned up in the hallways. It's cold in here, and so I put my hands into the pockets followed by soft sigh.

I wandered out of the building, had my hood on and just walk in the rain. Feeling no worries.

There's not even a single soul out in the rain. Not to mention it, it's autumn. It's very cold, unbearable for some people, even in their winter coats.

Thought if a hot drink could kill this coldness, I went to a vending machine to get one. A cup of coffee.

"What are you doing, miss?"

A sound similar to that girl. That girl with middle length blonde hair and a broad smile, interfered my first try of drinking coffee.

"You shouldn't buy coffee during this weather!" she shouted at me with her immature voice.

"Who are you?"

"One day, you'll know."

...

"Y-your hair is beautiful."

"Oh, thanks! You're the first one who'd ever praise my hair! It's messy though!"

We didn't even know each other's name, and yet our conversation had come to the end.

Before she left, she gave an advice.

"Don't stay out in the rain."

And she walked away, out into the rain without an umbrella. She looked pity. Like a lonely girl under the black sky.

As the rain got heavier, I listened to her advice and took shelter under a roof. My jacket's wet and it's freezing cold. I've kind of regretted now.

Two hours later, the rain settled down. The sky was dark blue in color again, which was night. But the streets' still quiet. Only the sound of breeze.

There's the moon, full bright moon. I'm glad, it wasn't the crescent.

"Aahh!!!"

I was surprised with that kind of voice. Someone just screamed like nobody's business.

The quick reaction of mine brought me to that place. It was dark, that I could barely see anything. But I could smell blood. Much blood on the ground.

"My, my. What are you doing here, girl?"

He's a Nora, and he saw me... A four-tailed Nora.

"Didn't your parents teach you not to wander around outside during night?"

"..." I bit my tongue in act of surprise. My legs had betrayed me. Without any mercy, one of his tails stroke directly to my stomach. It's as sharp as a knife.

"Aa..ggg!"

My hands grabbed hold of that tail, trying to pull it out. But it could never move.

"Hey... Why aren't you not dead? A human should have died by now!"

He grabbed my neck and squeeze it hardly like a potato. I couldn't help but to struggle.

"Ggahh!!"

"Shut the hell up and die!"

"H...h..!"

Your voice will reach her. Just shout.

"Help me... Aina!"

"Here I come, Brownie!"

His hand got loosen up and I eventually fell to the ground. Knowing that I'm injured, the blonde-haired girl was kind of pissed off.

"No one hurts Brownie! Not even a Nora!"

She's a Farsya with her Knight, a pair of golden black tonfas. She's... beautiful, with her hair dazing under the bright moon. That was the last sight of her during that night.

I wished I could have seen her for a longer time...

"Brownie!"

"Brownie!"

"Wake up, Brownie!"

..!

"Oh, Brownie! You're awake!"

"W-where am I?" I asked.

"My house. No, I mean, the dorm!"

"The dorm? You mean, the Farya's dorm?!"

"Mm, it is."

The first thing I had to do is to leave this place, before anyone notices me.

"What's wrong, Brownie?"

I walked out of the room but her hand stopped me, and she said, "Don't go first, Brownie."

"How long are you going to call me 'Brownie'?"

"Oh, since I don't know your name, let's introduce ourselves."

"Mm."

"I'm Aina Voreyseil, an A-rank Farsya."

"I...I'm..."

I didn't want anybody to call my name. But Aina was the first who'd ever ask for my name. She sounded serious.

"Nanami Izanami."

We sat down on Aina's bed and started a conversation.

"Hey, Nanami."

"What is it?"

"You were shouting my name when I reached there. How'd you know my name?"

"Eh... I just...guessed it."

"Hoooh. Good guessing."

"Um, Aina? Can I leave now?"

"Mm, but before that, I want to tell you something."

"Hm...?"

"Why don't you come to Tenjitsu Academy?"

"What Tenjitsu? I'm not entering your academy!"

"Well, why don't?"

"I-I can't..."

"Why?"

She had no idea who am I. I just wanted to leave. I don't want to get involved with any Farsya, so I had to leave.

"I'm sorry, Aina. This is serious, I can't join this school. If there's nothing else, I'm leaving."

I left her room and headed to the exit. I walked and walked, eventually my head was getting lighter. Felt like I was going to fall to the ground.

I really did fell to the ground, but I hit someone in progress.

"Oh man, I'm sorry! Are you okay... Eh... You're not wearing the uniform?"

"E-Eh... No... I'm sorry...!"

"You're an outsider?"

"I-I'm just... visiting a friend..."

"Oh, okay. Then be on your way."

"Mm..."

As we wanted to part out ways, I noticed something on the ground. 'LEA ALEXANDERSON' written on it. A student ID, I think.

"Oh, sorry, sorry!"

She picked it up and walked away.

Alexanderson... I've heard of it before. 'Who was it?' I taught.

Tbc.