07 : False Being

22nd of November, 9:50 a.m.

"When will you wake up?" In the infirmary, Aina muttered. Waiting for her friend, Lea to wake up from a two days sleep. Lea's injuries wasn't that fatal, but her backbones were in no-good condition thanks to the Nora she fought on the rooftop past three days ago.

A few minutes later, a student came into the infirmary. She was carrying a bag of arrows as well as a bow.

"Whoa, what are you doing in here with those stuffs?" Aina asked as she was surprised.

"Nah. I was just looking for that ugly-looking Mahiru. Thought I might wanna challenge her in shooting down some dummies. Know where she is?" That girl replied.

"I think she went to the town." Aina then answered.

"Tch. Never mind. I'll practice myself."

"Mind telling me your name before you leave?" Aina asked.

"Oh, Mahiru didn't tell you about me? Curse her."

"What kind of vengeance do you have with her? Rivals?"

"Indeed! We're rivals of accuracy!" The girl shouted.

"Accuracy? Which means... you're a sniper?"

"C-can't you see? I'm bowman, actually. Well then, I will now take my leave. And bye now."

"But you haven't tell me your name yet!"

"Ask that Mahiru. Oh wait, I've got something to tell you. The General wants to see both of you in his office." The girl continued.

"For what?" Aina asked.

"He's promoting both of you, you see."

.......................................................

Right after Mahiru left me alone at the park, my phone rang. It's a number I don't recognize. "Hello...?" I answered.

"I assume it's you, Izanami."

"Yeah."

"I'm Lady Ashley's attendant. She asked me to pass you this message."

"Wait. Ashley? I didn't agree to make a pact with her. How'd she find me?" I started to feel curious.

"You're under Lady Ashley's surveillance now. It'll be more easier to find you. Besides, pact or no pact, you'll be watched."

Now I understand why Aina would go so far to avoid me this. She knew this would happen to anyone who made contact with Ashley. Well, I'd now gotten myself into her game.

"I demand to see Ashley now." I asked.

"Feel free to find Lady Ashley at her mansion. You'll receive the address later. Come by yourself." He replied then hung up.

......................................................

"Huh...?"

"Lea! Oh, gosh! You're awake at last!" Aina hugged Lea, tightly like a teddy bear.

"Urgh, my back hurts." A kind of reason to stop Aina from hugging her too tight. Still, Aina threw a smile to her.

"Don't treat a friend like that. They'll hate you." Lea gave a reply.

"Why?"

"You hugged Shiodome like this when she hurt her back. She ended up hating you, just for a few days though."

Aina gave out a sigh, then replied. "If I don't hug my friends, I may not have a second chance to do it in the future."

"Then hug me as much as you want. No problem. *chuckled*" Giving out a warm smile, closing her arms around Aina.