03 : Isn't That Her?

8:30 p.m.

The cold air outside here was nice. Nothing beats the view of the city too. Up from here, the tallest building in Tokyo, I can see the streets with lights, people and cars.

How peaceful the city is.

............................................

"Unit 2, Maria and Hitsugi, you'll make sure that no civilians are wandering in the assigned area or in the building. The rest of Unit 2 will find the Noras. Unit 3 will save the hostages. Is that clear?" Aina said.

"Yes!" Everyone replied.

"Do your best so we'll all come back save, okay?"

"Yes!"

Aina walked into her room and stood in front of the cupboard while opening its door.

"Now, what should I wear?" She mumbled.

"Obviously the uniform." Lea who'd just came in said.

"Wooh! Don't come in like that!"

"Hurry up. We've got only 2 hours left."

"Should I wear the full uniform?" Aina asked.

"What do you think? Should I tell you?"

"Jeez. It'll take 20 minutes for it!"

"My goodness... Are you still a child? I can't believe it."

"I'll get changed as soon as possible, okay?"

"Get going. I'll be waiting outside."

When Aina's changed, she walked out of her room, being watched by Lea. She noticed Aina's hands were shaking.

"What's wrong, Aina?"

"...I'm scared."

"..."

"It wouldn't be her, right?"

"I think that it might just be an ordinary Nora."

"Really?"

"Mm."

Aina put on her cap together with a cape and continued, "Then, lets go."

10:30 p.m.

"Unit 2, enter the building now and eliminate the Noras on sight."

"Yes." Unit 2 replied.

Three armed Farsya in uniforms rushed into the building with their Knights summoned, Aina and Lea followed behind to cover.

Not for long, five Noras were eliminated. They led to the location where the hostages were held.

The hostages were all humans. All of them were only half-alive due to lose of blood from their necks. They must've been sucked for a long time.

"..."

Aina's face then showed disappointment.

"Why would they do this?" Aina mumbled.

"They're just like livestocks to them." Lea replied."

"Unit 3, bring the hostages to the hospital immediately for treatment."

"Yes."

*cling*

Some sound came from upstairs. Sound of metal clashing. "I'm going upstairs." Aina said and ran off to the stairs.

Out of the blue, Aina stepped on some blood. "Gah! Oh my god!" Aina shouted and continued to walk alone in the darkness.

"Is anyone there?!"

She shouted but no reply. As she walk, she was closing to the stairs at the other side. Suddenly, something flashed into Aina's eyes. In the same time, Aina saw someone running up the stairs.

"Hey, wait!"

Aina went chasing that person, right up to the roof. That person was wearing a cape, so her face could not be seen.

"Who are you?" Aina asked.

"..."

"...Take off your hood and identify yourself."

After some silent treatment towards Aina, that girl took off her hood. She had middle-length hair, as white as snow. There's a scar on the left side of her face, from her cheek to below of her left eye.

"Y-you... Are you...-"

"What are you doing, Aina?! She's a Nora! Kill her!"

"Lea?"

Lea ran towards the girl with her sword, planning to kill her. "Wait, Lea!"

Lea swung her sword and clashed with the girl's tails. "..! Your tails look familiar..." Lea told her.

As Lea was thinking about something else, she slipped her sword when the girl's tails caught her leg and lifted her up. Lea was then threw to the floor with great force.

"Aaggkk!"

Aina became half-numb. Being unable to move, what she could only do was to watch the girl suck Lea's blood.

"Aaaagg..."

"L-Lea!"

*gunshots*

The bullets fired by reinforcements didn't actually hit the girl, but did chase her away. Two of them went to Lea and the others stayed with Aina.

"Tch!" One of them grabbed Aina's collar and shouted, "What are you thinking, Captain?! You've almost got one of our conrades killed!"

"I..."

"I don't know what's gotten into you, but one of your job is to protect your comrade and carry out your mission! Do you get it?!"

"Hey! Don't be so rude!" Some of them whispered to him.

That guy let go of Aina and left the roof. Everyone remained silent.

"I'm sorry, everyone. Let's head back."

Tbc.