16 : Outlook

30th November, Tokyo Imperial Palace, 7:45 p.m.

"I heard that you put that girl in a unit, General Tomohisa. You should know that there's no point to it." Joseph said.

"That's not true."

"Hm?"

"We Farsyas should understand that all means of 'sacrifice' must be made by someone for the better good. Even if it means to seize control of someone else."

"Are you saying that you're putting her into a Farsya's unit just to put her under your surveillance?"

"No, I'll make her as a good use for my army."

"*chuckles* You're more cruel than I am.

"I'll be more cruel if I let my race die."

Restroom, 7:45 p.m.

"Back off!" I pushed Ashley away from me.

"I'm not a Shepherdess. Don't make me say that again."

"You are a Shepherdess."

"I am not a Shepherdess."

"You're a damn Shepherdess, jerk."

"I said I am not a Shepherdess! Why do you keep telling me that I'm a Shepherdess?! That's none of your business!"

"This is certainly not my business, but the General's. You have no idea why he put you into a Farsya's unit. If he knows that you're a Shepherdess, the same thing happened to your sister will happen to you." Her words didn't make any sense. Why is she telling me this? Why am I hearing this from the person who stabbed me?

"I don't believe you. No, there's no way I will believe you."

"Believe it or not is up to you. But he will one day use your comrades to trigger another incident just like last time. That moment, the members of the Table of Truce or the Saints will put you down."

"...Why are you telling me this?"

She stopped talking. She ended the conversation by leaving the restroom. Her servant was there outside the restroom the whole time, he escorted me back to the room.

"You're late." Marduk spoke. "Hey yardbird, why is there blood on your arm?"

"I-I..."

"I bit her." Ashley interrupted.

"Don't you have any manners at all, Hughes?"

"She's a criminal. What does it matter?"

"Anyway, does she have the crest on her body?"

"No." She gave him an immediate answer. That's not as I expected though. Why was she standing on my side? Where's that cruel yet arrogant girl I met before?

"Let's continue then." Marduk sat and crossed his arms. He then turned and looked at me again. It was a sharp look. It's like he knew that I'm actually a Shepherd.

"How should we deal with her?" He continued.

"Just throw her into prison. She'll cause another trouble if we let her wander around." Joseph replied.

"She's just a kid. Maybe she didn't want that to happen." Dolores added.

"No, I think things should just stay the way they are. I'll continue to surveil her." The General looked at me with his small evil eyes. "I'll take good care of her."

"If it's you, then it should be fine. But if something worse happens, we'll take action." Marduk concluded and marked the end of the meeting. The General's man then uncuffed my hands. "Return to Tenjitsu." He ordered.