05 : Sudden Visitor

"Hey, Aina. What are you doing?" Mahiru asked Aina through the speaker.

"Can't you see through the scope? Gosh. There's so many civilians here. How am I supposed to identify the Nora?" Aina replied.

"I'm looking for him. Just make sure that we're able to stay in contact."

"Well, don't you think that the Nora will run away after seeing me in this uniform?" Aina added.

"Stay in the shadows and put on your hood, dumbass!"

Knights are based on constellations above the celestial sphere. Some are specially created from the zodiacs which are wielded by a few Farsyas. Mahiru's Knight are based on the bow of Sagittarius in the form of a sniper, with its bullet cutting through anything.

...............................................

21st November, today. Another peaceful day. I've always been hoping for peaceful days since I would not have in the future, maybe.

I've started wandering around Shibuya early in the morning at 8:00 p.m. It's said that going for a walk in the early morning could bring you a good health. That could be a lie, but the best thing is to believe it than not to believe it.

The streets were quite silent. It could be a benefit that I wouldn't run into anyone.

"Early again, Nanami?" The usual person I'll run into in the alley, who used to be selling souvenirs like necklaces, Mr. Andou greeted me.

"I'm just taking a walk." I replied.

"I see. Oh, there's a girl here just now who wants me to give this to you."
He handed me this envelope, 'Hughes' written on the stamp. What came into my mind first is that only VIP have their very own stamps to verify their letters and parcels. No doubt I got this letter from a VIP.

"Uh... I'll contact this person afterward. Thank you, Mr. Andou."

I just accepted it and left. And so I opened the envelope and read the letter.

"Dear Izanami,

I would like to invite you to a ridiculous high class restaurant at Shinjuku, 8.00p.m. and you would like to bring this letter with you to enter the restaurant. You'll see me, or not able to see me in the VIP room, dressed in a purple sweater.

Don't bring anyone else but you. This conversation is confidential. By me, Ashley Hughes."

This 'Hughes' ain't any joke. News said that a man blackmailed the Hughes family and ended up dead, with his hands and legs severed. If I turn down the invitation, I'll probably get killed.

...................................................

2oth of November, 10:30 p.m.

"Mahiru!"

"Gah! Don't shout with the speaker on!"

"I waited here for an hour! Nothing showed up! My legs are cramp!" Aina replied.

"Did he slip out?" Mahiru asked.

"Well, I don't think so."

"Then keep searching. It won't cost you your life."

"Wait. This is the only thing I could do, you said... Wait?!"

"Huh?"

"Why not someone else? Me, waiting here for nothing!" Aina's voice was getting louder and louder which started to attract other people's attention. One of the civilians, in black jacket turned his face away and tried to walk away. Of course, Mahiru noticed him.

"Hey, Aina! Stop the person in the black jacket!"

Aina tried to go after the man but the crowd slowed her down. "Ah! I'm stuck!"

"You're stucked?! Gosh, I'll shoot him down."

....................................................

Shinjuku, 7:45 p.m.

I'm now here at Shinjuku a bit early to avoid any accidents that'll delay the time. I'm dressed too, in my best clothes so wouldn't be looked down as a low class pupil in the restaurant.

So I stepped in the restaurant, feeling nervous.

"U-uh, I would like to meet a person named Hughes in the VIP room... Would you bring me there, please?" I asked for help from a waitress.

"Please wait for a moment."

After a few minutes later, another waitress came. "Please proceed to the room at the end of the hallway."

"Oh, okay."

The waitress' smelled of blood. There's blood stain on their vests too. As I thought, I've stepped into a lair of disguised Noras. By default, only Noras were allowed to enter this place.

I believe it's a fortress, as well as the building next to this restaurant. The Farsyas didn't spot this place. But when the Noras here advance, it'll be enough to eliminate the headquarters.

"Shall I guide you there, miss?" The same waitress surprised me.

"I-it's okay. I can go by myself." I then replied and headed to the room at the end of the hallway.

With courage, I entered the room. It's a very large room or maybe it's called as a ballroom.

"Izanami, I assume." Someone spoke to me from behind.

"A-ah, yes." I replied.

Her look was so different than others. Very unique. I wondered if she owned this place.

"Well, have a seat over there. I've got something to ask you."

She kept looking at me, grinned, when I sat down. It disturbed me.

"Do you know where is your sister?" Her question surprised me.

"Huh...?"

"Your sister, Shiodome Izanami."

My sister. I was searching for her, I was. But I forgot... I keep forgetting things nowadays. It's a very important thing, however... I forgotten that I was supposed to search for her.

"Why are you displaying such face, Izanami?"

"Ah, no... I don't know where she is."

"Then..."

Ashley's face turned different. A wide smile stretched across her face, displaying her teeth.

"Then... Lets make a pact."

Tbc.