04 : The Night's Eye

20th of November, 8:15 a.m.

"How would you explain this, Captain Aina Voreyseil?" General Fujita asked.

"..."

"Keeping silent is an offense."

"What do you expect me to say?" Aina replied.

"You know that the Noras are our enemies, don't you?"

"I know."

"Then why wouldn't you get your ass moving and prevent our people from getting hurt? Losing a Farsya will cause great loss to our manpower."

"...I clearly understand that I'm wrong, but she's..."

"Who is this 'she'?"

"Shio...-"

"I don't care what her name is. Anyway, if you don't give me a report, you'll be sacked."

"Won't you at least listen to what I'm going to say?"

"Doing that does not benefit anyone."

"You just don't give a damn shit about her, General!!"

"You give me that attitude and I'll sack you for sure!"

"Go ahead and sack me then. I don't care."

"I'll ask you one last time, why did you let the Nora go?"

"...Because she's a friend."

General Tomohisa stood up in anger and grabbed Aina's neckwear.

"Do you understand that I'm your superior, A i n a?"

"It's because you're my superior, I can't tell you what's going on."

"I'll have others to investigate. If that friend of yours is found to be the traitor, I ' l l k i l l h e r."

Aina kept her mouth shut to prevent arguing with the General. Without further conversation, Aina walked out of the room, adjusting her neckwear.

"Someone wants to see you, Captain." Maria, from Unit 2 said.

"Where?"

"At the Garden, 9:00 a.m."

"*sigh* Okay, okay..."

The Garden, 9:05 a.m.

"I thought you wouldn't come, Captain Voreyseil. To think that you're late for five minutes."

"Better late than not here. So...what makes you want to see me, Sergeant Hokusai Mahiru?"

"Well, you don't have to call me sergeant. Just...don't talk to me formally."

Both of them, Aina and Mahiru sat side by side,enjoying the scenery of the Garden.

"You're not free recently, aren't you?" Aina asked.

"Not exactly." Mahiru replied while crossing her arms.

"Well, I suppose that I'm not here just to chat with you, right?"

"It's about the operation I'm going on."

"Huh? What's wrong with that?" Aina asked and crossed her arms.

"I know this would burden you, but I really do need your help in this operation."

"Why me? Don't you know that I'm the only captain who screws up her operation for the first time?"

"Oh, really?"

"You didn't know that? Everyone in this academy knows that!"

"Well... There's something only you could do."

"What is it?"

"You'll know during the briefing."

Mahiru's Office, 9:30 p.m.

Everything turned up unexpectedly for Aina when the moment she stepped into Mahiru's office. Not even a single soul was there except Mahiru who was sitting down on her table, drinking a cup a coffee.

"W-What does this mean? Are they late or what?" Aina muttered to herself.

"There's no 'they', unfortunately. Just you and me."

"You heard?"

"Of course." Mahiru then stood up, leaving the mug on the table and walked towards Aina. Held her shoulders and said, "I want you to tag along with me."

"Well, okay... but I think I'm suspended from entering any operations."

"That means you're scared of General Tomohisa?"

"No, of course not! Jeez, I'll come along!"

Off they go, to the tallest building in Tokyo to commence their operation. Aina with a pair of tonfas served as the combatant on ground while Mahiru served as the sniper who'll snipe the enemy from above the roof with her rifle Knight.

"Commence operation."

Tbc.