02 : We've Began Reaching Each Other

"Hey Aina, did someone just visited you?"

"E-eh...no... Who?"

"That girl with brownish hair. She looked sooo creepy!"

"Haha, really?"

19th of November, 12:30 p.m.

Farsya Headquarters
"How much time left before operation starts?"

"10 hours."

"10:30, I see. Assign unit 2 and 3. Lock down the area."

"Yes, sir."

............................................

"We're assigned in tonight's operation, Lea!" Aina shouted.

"You don't have to shout about it. You're not a kid anymore." Lea replied.

"We might die tonight. Aren't you scared?"

"I-I ain't scared!"

"What's with that face? Oh, you're scared after all."

"Stop talking about that already."

"I'm sorry. I'm just joking. Haha."

.................................

I was thinking about getting something to eat on the way back but there wasn't any restaurant nearby. I don't even know where's this place. It's like a fortress or maybe a huge academy.

"Tch. Damn Tenjitsu." I mumbled.

I wandered around the place for almost an hour but still no exit was seen. 'Maybe I should go back to Aina.' I thought.

"Coincidence, Nanami!" It was Aina who's shouting. Such coincidence meeting her like that.

"You love this place, don't you? You've been here for such long time!"

"You see, it's not like that. I can't find the stupid exit anywhere!" I began to feel angry.

"I pity you so much."

"Hm."

Suddenly my stomach made a growl which made Aina grinned at me. And she replied, "I'll get something for you from the canteen."

"Wait, Aina. It's okay. I'm not hungry."

"Here, come with me."

She dragged me to a place in the academy which looked like a canteen. Obviously, it's a canteen.

"I told you, you don't have to-"

"Sit down here. I'll get you a meal." Aina interrupted.

I have no choice but to give her a smile. Her stubbornness really do touched my heart.

"Here!" Aina shouted while putting two bowl of rice on the table.

"I'm going to eat with you if you don't feel like eating alone." Aina continued.

"Thank you, Aina."

"No problem!"

We talked, we laughed, we even shared most of our story. Aina wanted to tell me about hers, so I just lent her my ear. "I came to Tokyo when I was 13 as a transfer student of Tenjitsu. You know, Tenjitsu was once a multi-race academy. The students, Nora, Farsya and humans all studied and grew up in this place peacefully. But there was a Nora who caused a war among the races."

"When I looked into her eyes, I can only see suffering and hatred. Maybe that's the worst scene I've ever witness for my whole life... It's sad." Aina continued.

"If you don't mind me asking, who is this girl...?" I asked.

"She's my...good friend. We're very close to each other, but one day, she disappeared and almost for a year, without telling me anything. She did come back, but the moment I saw her in the sewer, she was devouring an armed Farsya. I wanted to ask her why, but I was too scared."

...

"Hey, Aina-"

"Oh crap! I forgot about the mission! What's the time now?"

"Uh, I supposed it's 2:30 p.m." I answered.

"This is so bad! I'm sorry, Nanami! I have to go now! Go straight ahead and turn left and you'll see the exit. Then, bye!" She said in a hurry and ran off.

Then I mumbled, "Such a busy girl," while smiling.

.......................................

"Where the hell have you been, Aina?!"

"Eh?"

"The meeting's over. You can shoo now."

"But Lea, I came only two minutes late!"

"Do you really think such meeting like this would last longer than two minutes? Everyone has conflicting ideas!"

"Why didn't you convince them?"

"Tch. Remembering what they said really do piss me off."

"We should kill their leader first and capture the other Noras."

"No. We should kill all of them at once."

"That won't do. Their movement are fast. We don't have enough men to track their movement."

"Then what should we do?"

"Like I said, we should-"

"Nnnggghh! Shut up all of you! Let Captain Voreyseil decide! That's it! This meeting is dispersed! Get out!"

"Well... you don't have to be that fierce. It's just a meeting right?' Aina replied.

"I'm got mad because of your absence."

"Hehe... You don't have to put it that way."

"Anyway, you have to make the decision. I'll call up a meeting after you'd make your decision. Okay?"

"Mm."

Tbc.