28

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" I was awaken by a noisy voice and the sound of the splashing of water.

I rubbed my eyes as I opened them, then looking around, forgetting for a moment where I am. I got up from the hammock and did some stretches before bringing my eyes to the woman who was waving at me. It was the one who introduced herself yesterday and who also claimed that we met at Milena's fashion show. I think Aubrey Madison is her name.

I waved back at her and forced a smile.

"Come swim with us!" She shouted, then gesturing her hand.

Though I wasn't really planning to swim, her invitation changed my mind. Swimming might clear my mind especially that I'm starting to overthink again.

I went inside the bungalow and changed into a black bikini. The color made my fair skin pop.

My eyes went down to the belly, then caressing the small scar from the stitches I got from my operation years ago. It's not that evident and it can be fully removed through laser but I chose not to. This is the only remembrance I have of my pregnancy and who knows if it will happen again.

I went back to the pool area and saw that the woman is still waiting for me there. I carefully went down the ladder and waded into the water, then walking towards her.

She smiled at me, her hair glowing under the sun as they were dramatically blown by the wind. I smiled back at her.

"You can call me Maddie. I stay at the bungalow next to yours," she said, then pointing to her place. Pinapagitnaan nilang dalawa ni Martell ang tinutuluyan ko. "I'll introduce you to someone, come on," aniya at hinila ako habang sumisigaw siya.

"Oliveira! Oliveira! Come here and swim with us! Stop hiding!" Maddie screamed at the top of her lungs. Her voice is deafening and she's like a human megaphone.

I was too distracted with her that I only realized that we were already in front of Martell's bungalow! I looked at her, horrified. I wanted to swim back to my place but she was holding my arm and there's no point anymore because Martell is already standing on his own poolside while crossing his arm.

"Don't worry, I know him." She waved her hand dismissively and even winked at me! Damn it! Ba't sila magkakilala? Umiiwas nga ako tapos dinala niya pa ako rito! "I'll introduce you to him. He's nice."

Anong introduce?! Ba't niya ako ipakilala eh ex ko 'yan! Malaki ang galit niyan sa akin!

Napapikit ako ng mata at napayuko. Hindi ko kayang tumingin sa kay Martell lalo na't kahit umagang tapat pero ang dilim-dilim na ng kaniyang tingin.

"You are so noisy! No wonder my cousin doesn't like you," sigaw pabalik ni Martell sa kaniya. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang pinag-uusapan nila pero hindi ko mapigilang matawa dahil biglang umasim ang mukha ni Maddie.

"Hey! Don't laugh at me," ani Maddie at sinamaan ako ng tingin bago ibinalik ang atensyon kay Martell kaya napatingin din ako sa kaniya. "Come and swim with us!"

"No, thank you!"

Akmang tatalikod na si Martell at hihilain ko na sana papalayo si Maddie nang bigla siya ulit sumigaw, mukhang ayaw tantanan si Martell. "Why not? Don't tell me you guys know each other and—"

Before Maddie can finish her sentence, Martell was already walking towards the ladder while taking his shirt off. I didn't want to look at Martell for I might drool so I looked at Maddie instead and saw a satisfied smirk on her face.

"Damn those ripped abs," she said in a whisper before turning to me. "If only I don't like someone else, I'll probably go after him too," she added while gesturing at Martell who's now topless and on his way to us.