Chapter 25

Arabella POV

"You're up!" Inej said happily, hugging me once I came into the kitchen.

"Hey, Inej. What's got you so excited?" I asked with a smile.

"Um, did you forget what was in two days?!" Jesper butted in.

My mind went blank for a few moments before I realized. "I'm getting married in two days?!"

"Yeah. Freaking out?" Nina asked with a smile.

"Just a little bit." I replied.

"Here." Jesper tossed me a bar of chocolate and gave me a thumbs up. "Chocolate helps with stress."

"Thanks, Jes. Where's Kaz?"

"I think he's out with Matthias." Inej replied. "What are you going to do about the dance?"

    "Dance?" I questioned, confused.

    "Yeah. You and Kaz are going to have a first dance. What will it be?" Jesper asked

    "Oh. I don't know if we even will have a dance. With Kaz's leg, and all." I pointed out.

    "Yeah. But it's still good to prepare." Nina said.

    "I'll think about it. No promises though." I replied with a smile and walked out of the kitchen.

———

I played a song on the record player I got a while back. The sweet and slow melody playing as I danced around my room, pretending I was dancing with another as I twirled around my room in a slow circle.

Kaz POV

I walked up the stairs with the others behind me, all of us getting confused as we heard a soft melody coming from Arabella's open door.

    I walked over silently with the others and we peeked through the open door, seeing her dancing alone in her room, eyes closed as she listened to the soft melody.

    Jesper smiled. "She looks happy."

    I nodded and handed him my cane, walking into the room and taking the empty space in her arms, my arm sliding around her waist easily and my hand holding hers as she opened her eyes and smiled happily.

    We danced around the room in silence, the only sounds being heard was the soft music playing and our friends talking in hushed voices.

    "I'm glad you're here." She whispered.

    I smiled. "Well, I can't let my soon-to-be bride dancing alone for the first dance."

    "We're having a dance?"

    "Of course we are, love." I replied, twirling her under my arm and bringing her back.

    "Kaz?" She asked, stopping and just looking at me.

    "Yeah?"

    "Thanks,"

    "Of course, Bella." I replied, brushing a lock of hair from her eyes and kissing her forehead.

    "I know that the others are watching us." She said with a little giggle.

    "They are. We heard the song and couldn't resist." I replied, gently cupping her face in my hands. "Just like I can't resist doing this."

    She smiled and brought her lips up against mine, wrapping her arms around my neck as I held her waist close to me.

    "Bella . . ." I murmured between soft kisses.

    "Mmhm?" She pulled back slightly and looked at me with her soft doe eyes.

    "The others are watching." I said softly, my eyes darting to the door where my friend peeked around, their eyes wide in astonishment.

    "Good," she whispered, her breath warm against my skin as she pecked my lips with a smile and wink. "We'll continue this later."

    I smiled and kissed her once more before taking her hand and walking out with her, the others with their still-shocked faces.

———
Arabella POV

I opened my eyes and looked around the dark room, comfort and warmth washing over me as I felt Kaz's arm draped across my side. His body curving around mine.

    I slowly settled his arm back on the bed and sat up, the covers falling down to my hips and sending goosebumps over my bare skin.

    "Bella? Everything okay, princess?" Kaz asked, his voice deep and raspy from sleep.

    "Yeah. Nerves," I admitted.

    He gently placed his hand on my back and soothingly rubbed up and down, his hand gliding over the straps of my bra as his hand settled on my shoulder.

    "Love, the wedding is in two days. Don't stress over it tonight." He said, rubbing his thumb over my skin.

    "What if Mal doesn't come?" I asked.

    "He will." He replied confidently.

    "You sure?" I asked, looking back at him.

    He smiled and nodded. "I'm positive. Let's get some sleep. Okay?"

    "Okay," I smiled, laying back down in his arms, settling my head on his shoulder as he rested his cheek in my hair, holding me close to him as we both drifted off to sleep.

Hey guys, sorry for the short chapter. I'll make it up to you in the next one, though. I'm pretty sure you'll like  what I have in store for them.

Question of the day: Do you think the Darkling and/or Mal (plus Alina) will come to the wedding?