Chapter 5 - Beast Boy

Narissa is the wolf's mate

The thought hasn't left my mind since I thought of it an hour ago. I've regretted it ever since. It felt right and I have to trust that. I just hate knowing this. Do I tell her? Do I let her find out on her own?

She can read me like an open book. She'll know something's up the second she looks at me. Which will be soon. She told me she would come over to the serai after dinner to watch a movie in the common recreation room.

I fiddle with my thumbs as I wait on the couch for her. Will she leave and go to whatever community Wyatt is from? Will Wyatt stay here and live with her? If Wyatt stays...would Maverick?

I shake my head. I haven't let myself think about Maverick. Every time I do, I feel flustered and overwhelmed. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that he's my mate.

I can't wrap my head around the fact that I even have a fucking mate. I thought I never wanted one. I thought that I would feel confined or restricted if I ever found my mate.

I don't know what I feel, but I don't think it's entirely negative.

"Gods girl, you're going to give yourself a migraine if you keep thinking that hard." Narissa's giggles fill the room as she plops herself on the couch beside me. "What's got your brain stuck up your butt?"

I look at her and my brain goes blank. All I can think is that she has a soulmate. She's going to be so happy. She always told me she thought I was lucky for possibly having a mate out there. Now, she does, too.

I can't keep this from her.

"You're Wyatt's mate," I blurt out before slapping a hand over my mouth. Her mouth drops open as she stares at me.

"Wyatt? The werewolf? A mate? I have a mate?" The questions rush out of her mouth so fast I can hardly keep up. "How do you know?"

"Well, I don't know, but-"

"Yeah, you know. I get it," she cuts me off before her gaze shifts to the floor. "Holy shit. I have a mate." I was right. She's fucking ecstatic.

"Do you know where he is?" she asks me giddily. "I want to meet him." I chuckle at her and shake my head.

"I'm not sure where they are, but he knows where my room is and they said they would find me later." She grabs my hand and pulls me off the couch.

"Well, fuck a movie, then," she squeals. "Let's go wait for him. I want you to tell me all about him."

"I hardly met the guy," I laugh. Is she really feeling a pull already?

She says something about not giving a damn and pulls me towards my room. As we approach, I see Maverick and Wyatt walking towards us from the other end of the hall. I force myself to not look at Maverick; I can't deal with what will happen when I do. Maverick is talking, but Wyatt has his nose in the air, clearly smelling Narissa, not paying any attention. His eyes lock on her and she grins as we stop in front of them.