Epilogue

~10 Years Later~

~10 Years Later~

"Alana!"

"It wasn't me, I swear!"

"Oh, for once in your life, you're not in trouble. Just get in here!"

I can't help the laughter that escapes my lips as I watch the head of blond hair run right past me and straight towards the kitchen. I wonder if she noticed I'd even stepped foot in the house.

"Hi Aunt Clara!" she shouts behind her as she disappears.

It appears she did notice.

I follow the ten-year-old further into the house, setting foot into what used to be a kitchen.

"Clare, thank gods you're here!" Narissa shouts. Her wide eyes are panicked as she glances between me and the toddler she is holding at arms' length. Upon further examination, her son appears to be covered in chocolate, baking flours, and nuts.

"Oh, Trevan," I giggle. "Are you giving your mother another massive headache?"

"Yep!" he chirps in his happy toddler voice, most likely not fully understanding what I've asked. "Ma uh-help make brownies!" he cheers, throwing his arms wildly around the kitchen.

"You're helping Mom make brownies?" I ask and he nods happily. "Did she ask you to help?" He takes a moment to deliberate over this question before grinning and shaking his head.

"Alana, please take your brother upstairs," Narissa says to her eldest child tiredly. "Just put him in the bathtub and I'll come clean him up in a minute." Alana huffs and looks like she wants to roll her eyes, but one glare from her mother shuts the attitude down immediately.

"Okay, Mom," she all but grumbles, reaching her hands out towards her brother. Her face twists up in disgust when his chocolate covered hand reaches back at her.

All of a sudden, she jerks back and spits, "Cam-sei aa-nee."

Narissa's mouth drops open and she looks like she is going to explode. I only watch in amazement as Trevan's little body starts floating towards the young witch, his face showing only delight. Without waiting for her mother to react further, Alana scurries from the room, making sure her brother follows along through the air.

Narissa grabs her head and lets out the loudest, most frustrated groan I have ever heard.

"I swear to gods that child is going to be the death of me," my friend mutters before plastering a smile on her face and turning to me. "Hi, hello. So nice to see you, welcome to my lovely home. Please pardon the mess," she laughs, approaching me and pulling me into a careful hug.

"Please don't apologize," I chuckle, "I have one less than you and our houses look about the same." She laughs at that and I set out helping her tidy her kitchen. "I didn't know Alana's talents had settled in, yet."