Teaming Up

POV: Kai

I woke up with the sun rising. I must've been too exhausted to wake up since I hadn't slept the night before. I felt like a complete idiot. I groaned and rubbed my neck. Every part of me hurt from being asleep all night in the same position on the floor. I looked around and that's when I remembered just what had happened. "Sienna-" I looked around frantically but she was nowhere. Shit. I ran around the whole room and when she was nowhere, without stopping, I ran through the hotel lobby. Checking the gym, laundry room, even the public restrooms. Everywhere.

I ran out into the parking lot and ran my fingers through my hair. How could I let this happen! I promise to protect her and then get my neck snapped like an idiot and leave her alone to probably die-. The thought of Sienna dying made me nauseous. I started to panic and wanted to kill the entire population of Mystic Falls but I couldn't; I didn't have time for that. I thought about doing a locater spell but I didn't have a map or anything that belonged to her so I ran to her house as quickly as I could. I got there within seconds, having run faster than I thought possible. I knocked on the door and didn't stop until Bonnie opened it.

"Hmm...nope." She tried to shut the door but I stopped it with my foot.

"Please, I- I'm desperate I need your help." She opened the door slightly wider.

"Why in the world would I help you! You took my sister away and turned her into some freak like you. Or better yet maybe you killed her." She was being sarcastic but her face kept a serious and angered expression. "Unless you're here to bring her and never come back get away from me. I know what you did to your family and I know you're a vampire. Don't make me-" I cut her off.

"SHE'S GONE! SOMEONE TOOK HER." I pushed past her into the house. "Jesus you don't stop talking, I see where she gets it from now." I rummaged through all of her things looking for the materials I needed and then threw them all on the floor.

"Sie- who took her?!" She knelt down on the floor next to me.

"If I knew I would've said it genius. Give me your palm" she held it out to me with her palm facing up and I sliced it with my knife. Already knowing what to do, she put her hand in a fist and let the blood drip down onto the map. We chanted together and for the first time, I had someone to work with. I have to admit, it felt kinda nice having someone to help me. There was a flash and we saw her. We both stopped chanting and looked at each other, fear evident in both our expressions.

"The abandoned warehouse." I nodded once and began gathering things I thought I might need. Someone walked through the door then. I didn't stop to look at who because I didn't care. Saving Sienna was my main priority right now.

"Wow Bonbon. I have to admit of all the things I expected to see when I walked in here, this was not it." I recognized the voice; it was Damon. I had met him once before in 1994. He was more of a dick than I was.

"Sienna is in trouble Damon." He looked concerned now too which surprised me. I didn't think he would care.

"Ok, so who do I have to kill? Is it him?" He gestured toward me which caused me to stop and look at him.

"I love her. She's my girlfriend. I'll die to save her if I have to." I gave him a small recap of everything he clearly didn't know and then began putting things in a backpack again.

"The sociopath has emotions...hm, maybe I should go see if Cade wants to make peace with god now." The sarcasm in his voice infuriated me. I stepped toward him and grabbed his collar pushing him against the wall.

"Damon you're either here to help or you're leaving. I don't have time for this bullshit right now!" He pushed my hands off him and I backed off.

"Fine. I'll help but what's the plan." I just stared at him and then at Bonnie. "Oh cool, you're going into a random warehouse, trying to kill god knows who, and you don't even have a plan. I know he's crazy Bon but what's your excuse?" She rolled her eyes and took a deep breath.

"He's right Kai." I looked down trying to think.

"I know.." I hated this but I couldn't go against it. To save her I had to wait and plan otherwise it may be a suicide mission. We don't know what we're up against.

"Then what are you two standing around for? My god, if I ever want anything done around here I need to do it myself." He got a blank piece of paper and drew the layout of the warehouse. "Tweedle-dee and Tweedle dum. Today please?" He said rudely. I rolled my eyes and walked to the table. "Ok, here's what I've come up with." He began to explain and we both listened intently. Please be okay...I'm so sorry, I love you. I spoke to her in my head. Although I knew she couldn't hear it, it strangely comforted me. Maybe I really was as crazy as everyone claimed.

Heyy! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please vote and comment. And thank you so much for reading far into the story :)