Chapter 14: Zara pt.2

*this is continued off of the chapter I posted about a week ago... the one about Zara.*

~Kaitlyn Peace (≧≦)

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

"M-Mom?" I asked nervously. Why was she here? The last ounce that I considered family, other that my selfish brother, was being kidnapped by my dickwad of a stepdad?

"Are you okay, Zara?" She asked me sincerely.

I-I don't know how to respond to seeing my own mother being held hostage here with me. It was like watching the runt of any animal family being rejected and ignored by all of its other siblings. Me and my mother, were being ignored by everyone else around us. I began to lose hope that Mark, Destiny, and the police had any chance of finding me and my mother. I felt that they were not trying to find any of us. I- I haven't heard anything on the news, well at least not yet. Jerry left me and my mom to ourselves. I guess I should try to make small talk since I haven't seen her in what 2-3 months?

"Um... hey.... mom." I say unenthusiastically. I groan as I sit up and walk over to her. She is sobbing.

"Mom, listen. I know that we're in a pretty bad situation but I just want to let you know that we'll get out.... I have faith in Destiny and Mark." Lies, I said. I tried to keep a straight face while telling my lie. I've lied to her so many times but this has got to be the worst yet.

"Th-Thank y-you, honey..." She stutters. I was surprised to be able to understand her. When she is like this, she is basically speaking in tongues, but not.

"I'm going to see if the news is on." I say. I groan again as my stomach is hurting and the metal taste I have in my mouth from some sort of thing my dad said. Dad. Why am I thinking of you now?! I scream at myself in my head.

" It's okay... just don't think about him..." I whisper to myself. I refrain from thinking about him as I am inching over to the television set. I tap the power button and grab the remote from atop the TV. I switch to a channel that has the news and as I get there I see Mark getting interviewed... or is he saying something else?

"... we are looking for you, who ever you are. The man who took Zara and her mother. We will find you."

At this time, he starts breaking down, holding hands with Destiny.

"You took one of my happiest things away from me... I know she wasn't m-my d-daughter... but I treat her like my own kin."

As he is saying this, he is holding Destiny's belly. Wait- she's pregnant? How the hell did I not find out about this

"Now bring her b-back." he finishes off and leaves the I guess 'stage' with Des dramatically. Oh mark, such a drama king. I look over to my mom, who is asleep. I decide I should go to sleep as well. I start to feel my eyelids getting heavy, and with that, I fall into the darkness known as sleep.

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。D R Ë Ä M W Ö R Ł D。。。。。。
。。。。。。。。。。

"Daddy!" I say. I notice that I am back to my younger self, when my father was still alive. And we were in a hospital.

Was I dreaming of my fathers death?

"Sweet heart," he said.

"I love you.... so much." He said. And with that his eyelids closed.

"I love you too, daddy!" I say, "Mom? Why is he not answering me? Is he okay?" I ask, appearing very worried.