15. Klaus

(Just the outfit not the hair or the doggie, even if he is adorable)

"Did she just hang up on you?" Damon asks.  So, Elena woke up Elijah, which I'm happy about, it felt wrong to dagger him in the first place.  The Salavatore brother are going back and forth about how they should handle the situation.

----------

Jenna is at the house, waiting for me and Stefan to get there.  We told her not to meet Ric at the Grill, hopefully she listened.

We enter my house and Jenna come to the door.  "Hey Jenna." I greet.  "Thank you so much for not going to the Grill." "Um, Stefan..." "No, listen. I can explain." She looks over Stefan's shoulder. We turn around. Klaus/Alaric's there.  "Hi, Stefan, Ariana. How's it going?"

----------

Klaus/Alaric is chopping some food with a big knife.  All eyes on him.  "You know, I find chopping...calming. The feel of the blade in the hand, maybe." "I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what the hell's going on." Jenna points out.

"Well, would you like to tell her, Stefan, or should I? Or maybe you'd like to do the honors Ariana." He says looking at us both.  "Tell me what?" Jenna asks, getting sick of him speaking in riddles.  "Do you believe in vampires, Jenna? No?" he starts laughing.  Me and Stefan just look at eachother.

"Well, who does, right? But believe it or not, they do have a place in our history. And as a history teacher, I find them fascinating." "Why are we talking about this?" "Well, you've been angry with me for keeping secrets, and this is one of my secrets. I'm obsessed with vampires. There. I said it." he starts laughing again.  "Are you joking?" "Not at all. How about you, Stefan? Are you a fan of vampires?" He asks turning to Stefan.

Stefan trying not to make Jenna more curious replies "In literature. Bram Stoker. It's dense, but I appreciate it." "Hmm. Did you know that vampires are the oldest creatures of the night? Except for werewolves, of course." he says looking at me weirdly.  This is getting creepy.  "Werewolves. Werewolves. Now I know you're joking." Jenna says trying to prevent the conversation from going further.

"You know, I've read that there's an Aztec curse on both species that keeps werewolves slaves to the Moon and vampires bound by the Sun. Isn't that right, Stefan? You know, they say these creatures would do anything to have this curse broken and that they wouldn't care who they had to kill to do it." Jenna looks alarmed as ever.  Who could blame her?  Even I'm kinda scared and I deal with this daily.  The lights start flickering slightly but I breathe and get my powers in check when I open my eyes everyone is looking at me weird.

Stefan was looking at me as if silently asking if I was okay I just sent him a subtle nod.

----------

We are all sitting down at the table having dinner.  "Oh, I know this all sounds so crazy, but...vampires are real. Would you care for some more wine?" he gets up to get a bottle of wine for Jenna.  "Get out." Jenna says to Klaus/Alaric, fed up with his 'delusions'.  "Excuse me?" Klaus/Alaric asks, taken back.

"I don't know what it is you're trying to do or why you're saying these things, but..." "Jenna" "I said get out!" Stefan and I stand up at the same time "You heard her." Stefan says for the both of us.  "I'm afraid I don't want to." he responds.  I grab Jennas arm "Fine.  Then we'll go." I start pulling her out of the kitchen when he picks a knife up off the counter and points it at my throat.  "You're not going anywhere."

I send him flying against the wall with my powers and Stefan grabs the knife that fell out of his hands.  Jenna and Stefan go back and forth on whether or not she should stay, but in the end she leaves.

I feel something wet on my shirt and realize Klaus/Alaric cut my neck.  It's nothing big enough to worry me though.  What I need to do is get out of here so that Stefan can focus.  Thats exactly what I did.  A few minutes later his car pulls up next to me, most of the bleeding is stopped by now, it should be safe now.  I get in and we drive to the Salvatore house.  He bit his wrist and let it fall into a glass in his hand he held it out to me "Oh, no. Stefan I'm fine, you don't have to give me that, it's just a little cut."

"Please just take it. Just in case." I sigh but drink it anyway and point to my now healed neck.  "There. See? Better.  Now will you stop worrying? We have Jenna to deal with." "Fine." "Okay."

----------

Damon and Stefans fight about Elena. Elena is with Elijah.  "Now you've invited him in?" I hear Damon, I slap the back of his head and he just looks at me like he was saying 'what did I do?' in his head.  "Elijah and I have renewed the terms of our deal." Elena says, bringing the attention back to her.  "Really?" "The two of you will come to no harm at my hands. I only ask for one thing in return." Elijah says, finally speaking up.  "What?" I ask for them.

"An apology." "A what?" Damon says from beside me, I bust out laughing.  They were all looking at me weird.  "Im sorry. I am It's just, Damon?  Apologizing?" I take deep breaths to control my laughter and start to walk out.  I pat Elijahs shoulder on the way out, he turns to me confused "For the record, I'm glad Elena undaggered you." with that I go home and go to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~
A/N

I look away from this book for a couple days and now we are almost at 500 reads?  What did I do to deserve you guys?  Thank you all so so much.  I deeply appreciate it.  This book started out as something to do for fun when I'm bored but I am deeply glad you decided to even glance at my book.  If you guys make any cover for this book (which you probably won't but I'm okay with that) send it to me through messages.  I'll give you credit and everything.  Speaking of which do you guys like the adroable picture of Ariana I put as the cover?  Let me know in the comments.