11. Suicide Mission

"It's not nice to leave a girl naked so early in the morning." Rose said for down the hall. My eyes widened. She was in nothing but a robe. Rose notices that it's me and Elena, not Damon. "Whoa. Sorry, I thought you were..." she trailed off, knowing we already knew who she thought we were.

"I, uh, sorry, I..." Elena can't even bring herself to finish a sentance. "There's no one else here." Rose informs, but Elena doesn't look bothered by that fact. "Actually, I came to talk to you." "Then I should probably get dressed." Rose says, we all nod.

----------

"Elena, are you crazy? It's a bad idea." I told her. I didn't know why Elena wanted us to go to the Salvatore house until a few seconds ago. She wants Rose to take us to Slaiters house, who apperantly is a vampire who knows a lot about other vampires. "I agree with your sister, it's a bad idea." Rose tells her aswell.

"No, it's not. From what Stefan told me, your friend Slater obviously has more information about Klaus. You and Damon just gave up before you got it." Elena says confidently. Damon told me about what happened when they went to talk to Slaiter. If that's giving up, they were smart to do so. This plan, however, isn't smart.

"Because somebody blew up a coffee shop with us in it." Rose pointed out. "There's more to learn. We just have to find a way to learn it." Elena fired back. "Not if it's too dangerous, Elena. No one else knows about your exsistance, that we know of. It's smartest to keep it that way for as long as possible so you don't get yourself killed for some Sun and Moon curse." I protested and tried to reason with her.

"Why are you coming to me with this?" Rose asked. "Because you owe me. One word from me, and Damon and Stefan could have killed you for kidnapping me." Yeah, right. I love those Salvatore brothers to death but Rose is alomost twice their age combined. "Or maybe it's because you know that they wouldn't want you doing this. And their moonstone caper gives you a chance to sneak away." Rose counters.

"We're having a disagreement, okay? They're willing to risk everyone that I love and I'm not." Elena states. "They're just trying to protect you." Rose told her. "Elena, you're being really ungrateful right now. You have three vampires, if Rose counts, and two badass witches going out of their way, putting their life on pause, just to save yours. Maybe a thank you would be nice. Instead of trying to get yourself killed the second we turn our backs. They could have just let you be taken by Elijah and killed by Klaus. But instead they risked their lives, trying to fight a vampire ten times their age, all for you." I rant to her, angry.

"And I'm greatfull for that. I am but-" "Really because you have a funny way of showing it." She just sighs and turns to Rose. "Look, you've proven that you couldn't care less whether I'm protected or not. So, we're back to you taking me to Slater." "What exactly do you hope to achieve by this?" Rose asks as she sits on the couch next to Elena.

I just stand there watching this conversation in disbelief. "How would you like to be able to walk during the daylight?" Elena answered her question with another question. This is manipulation. "I've been a slave to the shadows for 500 years, what do you think?"

"I think I know a witch who's willing to do whatever it takes to help, if you're willing to make a deal." I can't believe this. Is this actually happeneing? She better not be talking about me, although I would give Rose a daylight ring anyway. Somebody pinch me.

----------

Elena has managed to drag me here. I don't want her to do this, but she was going to do it whether I helped or not. Mine as well make sure my sister doesn't die. Rose knocks on the door "Slater? Slater, it's Rose. Open up!" after a brief moment, Rose looks over at Elena. "He's not home. Sorry." Rose starts to walk away but Elena grabs her arm.