16. Her Last Day

I'm chiling with Damon in his room, sitting in the his bed while he just lays there, listening-ish to what I have to say, when he sits up from his bed

I'm chiling with Damon in his room, sitting in the his bed while he just lays there, listening-ish to what I have to say, when he sits up from his bed. I give him a raised brow from beside him. Five seconds ago I was trying to get him to trust Elijah, it wasn't going well as you could probably guess. He signals for me to follow him and we make our way to the living room where we join Elijah, Elena and Stefans conversation.

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." "Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan says. It's not? Then why does Elena have to die? "Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it...He'll be a true hybrid."

"Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie." "Damon..." I try to reason with him. "Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." he turns to me and responds "I'll write her a great eulogy." I give him a sarcastic glare in response.

"It's not an option, Damon" Elena says, finally stepping in. "All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan says, hoping to end the arguement. "Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know." "The moonstone" "A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

"And where do I fit into it?" Elena asks. "The final part of the ritual" Elijah says as he grabs a box from the shelf. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger...to the point of your death." We all look at Elena while Stefan and Elena share a reasuring look "And that's where you you come in." Elena says as Elijah takes out a jar from the box.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation." "So I'll be dead?" "And then you won't."

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" "Damon, it's her decision." I try to calm him down but he pays no mind to me and looks at Elena "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"

"Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgänger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work." Elijah says. "I'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work, Elena?" "Then I guess I'll just be dead." She replies, glancing at me for a moment. Damon walks out I just let out an aggravated sigh and follow him out.

----------

I hear noise coming from the doorway I make my way to where it is and when I get there I see Ric trying to prove to the team that he is Ric.

"Okay, uh, first night you and I spent together, Jeremy walked in right when I was about to-" "Okay, it's him." Jenna says interrupting him. I just look at them with wide eyes. "He wanted me to deliver a message. The sacrifice happens tonight." Oh god.

----------

I am sitting next to Damon, drinking a coke as he drinks bourbon thinking about what he did. He gave Elena his blood. My sister will be a vampire eventhough she doesn't wan't to be. Is it messed up that I'm completely okay with it? Ric came up to us "I screwed up." Damon tells us as I sit between them. "Yeah, you did." me and Ric say at the same time.

"Gentlemen, witch? Why so glum?" I hear an accent ask I look over to see a not so bad looking dude standing next to Damon. He looks better then 'not bad' he looks pretty good, as I was about to shoot my shot Damon says words that make my blood run cold "Ugh. Klaus, I presume." "In the flesh" well, my simping just went out the window.

He turns to Alaric with the sexiest sm- I mean scariest smirk I've ever seen. "Thanks for the loner, mate" Damon and I stand up at the same time. "Any reason you stopped by to say hi?" He asks. "I'm told you and your brother fancy my doppelgänger. Just thought I'd remind you to not do anything you'll regret." Damon and I smile at the irony of that warning.

"Ha. Thanks for the advice. I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement, by any chance, huh?" Damon says, trying to fix his mistake. "You're kidding?" Klaus turns to me and Ric "He's kidding right?" I just shake my head while Ric shrugs.

Damon says something to Klaus that seems to piss him off "Let me be clear...I have my vampire. I have my werewolf. I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight. So if you want to live to see tomorrow, don't screw it up." He says getting in Damons face, he begins to walk out but grabs my arm on the way. I fight his grib but he just keeps walking. Damon gets infront of him "What the hell are you doing?" "Well, I could use a witch and she's the first one I come across so I figured I'd help myself."

Damon tries to protest again but ends up being shoved to the side, I keep trying to get my arm out of his grip to no avail. Once we walk out of the Grill and no one can see us he shoves a needle in my neck. "This hurts me a lot more then in hurts you." Is all I hear him say before I am consumed by darkness and pain.

----------

I wake up to screaming, I look over to see Katherine standing in the sun wth her daylight braclet off. Klaus was watching her with almost suspicion. "Was the needle really necessary?" I ask after he tells Katherine she can step out of the sunlight. His head snaps to me.

"Well, love, you wouldn't stop fighting me, so I had no choice." I just give him a sarcastic glare when I see the door. I get up and bolt for it. Within a heartbeat he's infront of me with another needle I just look at it shaking my head.

"Can you blame me for trying to run?" "No, but I can prevent you from trying again." He says shoving the needle into my arm this time. I wince before passing out, I felt him catch me and set me in the sofa but that's it. I can't feel anything else accept the stinging in my veins.

----------

"She's not dead. She's in transition." I hear a woman say. I open my eyes to see Elena and Jenna sitting next to eachother. "Jenna, Elena?" I ask, my voice slightly raspy. "Ariana?" they ask at the same time.

"Wait why are you here?" I ask pointing to Jenna. "I think Klaus is going to use her for the ritual... a his vampire." Elena whispers that last part and my eyes widen.

~~~~~~~~~~
A/N

Thank you so so much for reading this chapter and I'm sorry my updates have slowed down. I no longer have acces to my computer at night and it is slowing me down more then I would like to admit. BYE FOR NOW <3