14. The New Enemy

So the Salvatore brothers thought it was a good idea to allow Elena to own their house, for now at least, it's a great idea if she would have stayed inside it

So the Salvatore brothers thought it was a good idea to allow Elena to own their house, for now at least, it's a great idea if she would have stayed inside it.  She draggeed both me and Stefan to school today.

Alaric walked into his classroom "Hello, class.  What are we learning today?" he asks.  Some teachers pet answers him "With the decade dance tonight, we've been covering the sixties all week." "Right.  The sixties." He sees Elena. He looks at her for a while and turns to the board.  I raise my brow at his weird-ness but brush it off.

"The sixties. I wish there was something good I could say about the sixties, but...Actually, they kind of sucked. Except for the Beatles, of course. They made it bearable. Uh, what else was there? The Cuban missile thing, the...we walked on the moon. There was Watergate."

"Watergate was in the seventies, Ric I-I mean Mr. Saltzman." I stumble to correct myself.  It felt weird calling him 'Mr. Salzman".  He froze and looked at me for a second, he looked shocked but quickly got over it and continued "Right. It all kind of mushes together up here, the sixties, seventies. Thank you, Ariana" I just nod and class continues.

----------

Me, Bonnie and Elena were talking about what's wrong with Jeremy when Dana walks up to us "Hey, Elena, there you are. Okay. This is going to sound freaky, but this totally hot guy just asked me to ask you if you're going to the dance tonight." "Tell him she has a boyfriend." Bonnie jumps in, trying to save Elena.

"Oh.  What about you Ariana?  You could at least meet him. He'll be at the dance tonight. Look for him. His name is Klaus." all our faces drop the second his name left her lips.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" Elena asks, terified.  "His name's Klaus. I know the name's stupid, but I swear he's hot." "Where is he?  Is he here?" I ask.  "I don't know." Dana replied.  "She's been compelled." Elena says, stating the obvious.  I start laughing and they look at me weirdly.  "Does that mean he called himself hot?" "Is this really the time to be worried about that?" Elena answered my question with another question.

I just held my hands up in surrender.  "But he wants to know if you'll save him the last dance. How cute is that?" "Adorable." I mock and Elena gives me a death glare before getting up with Bonnie and walking away.

I just sighed before getting up and walking after them.

----------

"So we go to the dance, we find him." Damon says.  Like it's that simple.  "Really? How are we going to do that? We don't even know what he looks like." Stefan points out.  "Something tells me he's not going to be sixteen and pimply."  "He could be anywhere at any time. He compelled somebody at school." he pauses as he looks at Elena and Bonnie "I guess it's not as safe as you guys thought, huh?"