chapter five

Danny turned into Jessica's driveway throwing gravel from his big tiers. "Jess you still with me?" He looked to Jessica. "Hmmm." She hummed in response. He put the truck in pack skidding to a stop. Jumping from the cab he ran to Jessica. He opened the door sliding his arms under her. She wrapped her body around him. Danny pulled the keys from Jessica's purse and closed the door with his shoulder. He carried her up the stairs to the house he could feel her body going limp as she started to shake. "Hold on baby. Just stay with me." They pushed threw the door and Danny ran up the stairs looking for the bathroom. "Jess where's your bathroom?" "Its....in..." Jessica trailed off fighting consciousness. "Jessica? Answer me! Where is it?"Danny started to panic again. "My bed...room." He ran down the hall looking for her room finally finding the door he pushed threw finding the bathroom. He sat her on the counter placing his knee.between her legs to keep her steady. He brushed the hair out of her face and wiped the make up from her face with a cold wash cloth. Jessica managed to look up at him amazed the he was going to all this trouble for her. Danny pulled up her sleeve to inspect her arm. Her sweater clung to her socked in water and blood. "Babe IM gonna have to take this off I can't get to your cuts, and its going to keep you cold." He looked into her eyes waiting for her to give the okay. She slowly nodded her head against the mirror. Danny pulled her other arm through the sleeve then the bandaged one. He slipped his hands under the material resting them on Jessica stomach. She smiled pleased at their warmth against her skin. He pulled up her sweater over her head throwing it onto the floor. He went back to her arm untieing the knotted napkin her wounds had stopped bleeding. He picked up the wash cloth trying to clean the blood from her skin. "mmmm" Jessica jumped biting her lip when he brushed over one of the lacerations. "Did I hurt you?" She nodded looking to her arm pulling it tight. Danny looked back to her arm seeing a small glimmer as she twitched. A pice of glass had gotten stuck in her arm. He held her arm into the light. "Babe do you have some tweezers so I can get this out?" "They are in my make up bag." She motioned to a large black bag at the end of the counter. Danny leaned down the counter rummaging threw her bag finding the small silver tweezers. He held her arm again pulling on the shard of glass. "ouh! Danny...that hurts!" She fell into his shoulder gritting at the pain. "IM sorry babe I'll try and be more gentile." He pulled again this time trying to get it all at once. Jessica grabbed his shirt wrapping it in her fingers and leaning her mouth into his shoulder trying to bair the pain. Danny pulled one last time freeing the glass from her skin. Jessica relaxed starting to somewhat gain conchesness again. Danny finished cleaning the blood from her arm and rinsed out the cloth in the sink. He looked down at her leg her jeans soked in blood he glanced to Jessica. She rolled her head against the mirror looking at him. A small smile touched her lips she picked up her hand and undid the button on her jeans. Danny helped her take off her boots and sat them by the door. "Well I'll let you finish." He turned to walk out into the bedroom. "Danny?" Jessica whined. He turned to meet her gaze. "Will you help me?" She sat up on the counter biting her lip. Danny smiled laughing to himself. God this women I can't take it. "Of course doll." He walked back over to her picking her up off the counter and setting her on the floor. She slipped her jeans off kicking them into the pile with her sweater. Danny turned to get the wash cloth rinsing it again handing it to Jessica. "Will you do it?" She tucked her head shyly. Danny laughed bending down to clean her leg. He wiped up her thigh and onto her hip outlining her black lace panties. When he had finished he stood and placed the wash cloth back into the sink. "Thank you." Jessica stepped closer to him. "Anytime, for you doll." Danny smiled down at her. "I think you should get some rest." He put his hand to her cheek. Jessica walked out into the bedroom picked up the covers of the bed and crawled under them. Danny walked to her side. He leaned down and kissed her cheek softly "I'll let you sleep." He turned to leave and Jessica grabbed his hand pulling him back. "Danny will you stay with me? I don't wanna be alone." Danny looked down to her and smiled "of coarse doll I'll be right downstairs on the couch if you need me, and I'll come check on you." She loosened her grip feeling relived that he was staying. She smiled and tucked her body into a ball as Danny walked out the door and down the stairs. He walked into the kitchen poring himself a drink. Remembering Jessicas purse was still in the truck he ran outside to get it. When he was inside he heard her Phone ping. He looked through her purse for it. When he found it he looked at the screen twenty eight messages from Sarah three missed calls and a notification *Call Sam*. Jesus she is one busy lady. He sat her phone down on the counter and went into the living room looking threw the room at all of her pictures. She's good. He picked up a picture off the table two smaller pictures fell from behind it. Danny picked them up and looked closely at them. One was of Jessica and Sam standing on the beach laughing and so in love. She looks so happy. He let the thought of her go threw his mind. I wonder if she still loves him. He looked to the next picture of Jessica leaning into the camera her hair tussled in the breeze. He started at the picture taking it to the couch and sitting down. He finished his drink and sat the Cristal glass on the short darkened table. Still staring at the picture letting Jessica wonder threw his mind. He looked up to the clock two hours had passed and he hadn't heard Jessica in a wile. He tucked the pictures in his jacket pocket and jogged up the stairs to check on her. When he reached the door he looked in to see her still in the bed. He smiled and walked over to her side. She was sleeping so peacefully and he didn't want to wake her. She looks so beautiful. She looks like a little baby doll. My baby doll.