Chapter Twenty-Three

Jessica stood in the kitchen cooking breakfast. She stood at the sink looking out the window that sat over it. The morning sun shown in on her filling the kitchen so she didn't need to turn on any lights nor did she want to. Danny came jogging down the stairs whistling. He walked up behind Jessie wrapping his arms around her as he started to sing.

"Take a look at my girlfriend. She's the only one I got. Not much of a girlfriend

I never seem to get a lot. It's been some time since we last spoke.

This is gonna sound like a bad joke, But momma I fell in love again.

It's safe to say I have a new girlfriend."

Jessica couldn't help but laugh at him. She leaned her head back on his shoulder as he swayed her back and forth.

"I mean she even cooks me pancakes, And Alka Seltzer when my tummy aches.

If that ain't love then I don't know what love is. We even got a secret handshake, And she loves the music that my band makes. I know I'm young but, if I had to choose her or the sun I'd be one nocturnal son of a gun."

Jessica started to laugh again. " Well I guess its a good thing I made pancakes then huh?"

Danny spun her around so that she was facing him. He planted a soft kiss on her lips feeling their softness against his. "Mmmm" he let out a soft hum at her sweet taste. Holding her tight to him he continued to sway with her not moving from the sink, just swaying.

"Baby you could make anything you wanted and I would eat it. Just cause you made it." He said kissing the top of her head as she laid it on his chest. "You know why?" He asked looking down at her.

"Hmm"

Danny started to sing again "She's got a smile that would make the most senile

Annoying old man bite his tongue. She's got eyes comparable to sunrise,

and it doesn't stop there. Man I swear She's got porcelain skin of course she's a ten, and now she's even got her own song, but movin' on. She's got the cutest laugh I ever heard, and we can be on the phone for three hours not sayin' one word, And I would still cherish every moment, and when I start to build my future she's the main component. Call it dumb call it luck call it love or whatever you call it, but everywhere I go I keep her picture in my wallet like here Take a look at my girlfriend She's the only one I got."

"Aww thanks baby." Jessica stood on her tippy toes to kiss him. "Are you hungry? Breakfast is ready."

"Yes ma'am!" Danny took her hand pulling her over to the counter. He lifted her up siting her down on the cold marble surface. "You stay here I'll get the plaits." he kissed her again turning around and walking over to the cupboard. Pulling out two plates he placed pancakes on each of them along with an egg and some bacon. He walked back over to Jessica and handed her a fork. She just stared at him puckering her lips.

"What is it babydoll?" Danny asked sitting on the island across from her.

"Oh nothing baby..... I was just wondering...." She played in her food pushing her eggs around on the plate. "Well my family is having a barbeque this weekend.... and I was just wondering if.... if you wanted to go with me." She looked at him and back down to her plate. She started to ramble as fast as she could get the words out. "Its only for the weekend and you don't have to if you don't want to. We would be staying in my old room at the house. Of cores you would be sleeping with me. I wouldn't leave you alone if you don't want me to. I want you to go because I love you and I want my family to meat you. My sister got a band for my birthday and my brother set up the barn for a dance, I mean if you don't wanna dance I wont make you. We can do what ever you want its up to you all I have to do is call Gorge and tell him..."