Chapter Twenty-Nine

Jessica stood in her room looking in the mirror. She traced her hip with her fingertips her other hand rested on her chest. She had just gotten out of the shower, trying to wash away some of the straw and dirt from her earlyer roll in the hay with Danny. Her hair was still wet and it fell limply just past her shoulders. Thinking to herself she tried to push everything out. What if this dosent work out? What if this ends up like it did with Sam? Glanceing out the window she watched George and Anne scurring around to get everything ready. The sun was shinning threw her window lighting up a long squar on the floor. Suddenly she felt a warm kiss on her shoulder and two hands grab her hips.

"Whats wrong baby?" Danny asked pulling her in tight to him. His fingers snaking there way around her midsection to rest just below her belly button. Shifting her wait into him she rested her hands on her and layed her head back on is shoulder. Something about him just being next to her made her feel so safe. Everything she was worryed about just melted away.

"Nothing... I was just thinking."

"About what honey." He continued to place soft kisses on her shoulder and up her neck.

"About us... About everything I guess."

"Ohh....." Pulling her tighter he pushed her hair away from her neck and kissed behind her ear. "I love you Jessie." He whispered.

"I love you too baby.... I think you should probably get dressed though. George wanted your help with the speakers or something remember?"

Danny sighed an let go of her. "Ya I remember. Im headed down right now, give me a second."

Jessica just laughed at him pushing her hair over her shoulder and waked to the bathroom watching Danny from the counter as she brushed her teeth. Danny quickly got dressed and ran down stairs to help George. Pushing threw the kitchen door he walked out to the barn kicking at the dirt as he went. George stood on a wooden bandstand they had pulled in for the party, looking up at rafters. For what Danny assumed a notion from god.

"Lookin good in here George." Danny called looking around at the decorations.

"Thanks man, that's all Anne and Jessie. Im just the sound guy. Do you think you could get up here and help us with these speakers? I am about to can it."

Danny just laughed. "Ya that's what I am here for."

Jessica walked to her closet pulling out a pair of denim shorts and a white tank top. She didn't want to get dressed for the party just yet. She decided to wait until she had her hair and make up done. As she pulled on her shorts she heard Danny and George yelling from the barn.

"Damn it this shouldn't be that hard." George yelled

Danny laughed. "Calm down you didn't even hook up that side to the amp."

"Oh and you would know."

"Ya actually.... Im looking right at it." Danny chuckled.

"Well plug the son of bitch in."

Jessica couldn't help but laugh at their bickering. A loud pop echoed threw her window making her jump.

"Jesus Christ." She yelled holding her chest. She stepped to the window only to she Danny and George walking out of the barn laughing.

"You dumb ass that was all the way up." Danny laughed.

"Ya I think I got that about the time it popped my eardrum." George replied shaking his head. Danny doubled over laughing at him.

"Hey it was your idea to drop the mic smart one."

Jessica opened the window leaning out of it she yelled down at them. "What are you two doing?"