*Omegaverse* *Soulmates* The Press Conference

Kaminari's POV

I squinted against the bright lights. My manager Eavan whispered,
"Do your best. You'll be fine." Into my ear.
"Hello everybody!" She said into the microphone. "Today we have the pro hero Chargebolt! He will be answering questions about his work!" She motioned for me to step behind the microphone. As I walked out a mighty cheer went up. I waved to the crowd as I took my place.
"Chargebolt!"
"Chargebolt! Over here!"
"Look at the camera!"
I looked around before pointing at one of the yelling reporters.
"You, what's your question?" They push up their glasses.
"Yes, I wanted to ask you about your soulmates, the hero's Red Riot and Ground Zero." They said
"Yes, what about them?" I asked cautiously. "Are you ever worried that they might leave you?"
"No. Why should I be?" I was nervous by now. Eavan could tell, and she started releasing calming pheromones.
"Because they are Alphas, and you are a Beta." They say matter-of-factly.
"And why should that matter?" Eavan was about to step onto the stage, I could see her from the corner of my eye. I shook my head at her just a bit, and she stopped. I took a deep breath and waited for their answer.
"Alphas can never be truly happy or content or satisfied without an Omega. Why do you think they haven't marked you yet? You are a Beta, they'll never be happy with you." Some of the other reporters shifted nervously, and the person next to the one speaking growled. I stood there, shell shocked. Why haven't they marked me yet? I mean, we have the soulmarks, the ones that tell us who our mates will be, but actual marking is the equivalent of marriage. We've been together for years. Is it because I'm a Beta?

Eavan's POV

I step onto the stage. "That is all the time we have for today," I growl. "Please leave everyone." Usually, at these things, none of the media people want to leave, but today they silently comply. Kaminari is releasing distress pheromones. I walk over and gently take his arm. "C'mon, I'll give you a ride home. He just nods, and I lead him to my car.

Bakugou's POV

I stare at the screen. It switches from the press conference to the evening newscaster.
"Well, um, okay, that was, um, thank you, Melissa, for going to that, um..." She gets cut off as Ei clicks the off button on the remote.
"Like hell, it matters. That guy is fucking stupid." I stare at him with wide eyes. He never cusses. I nod.
Soon there is a knock on the door. Ei goes over and opens it.
"Hi, oh, Denks." A now crying Denki gets pulled inside by Ei. I walk to the door, where Eavan is standing. She waves a bit and walks off. I close the door and go over to my mates.
"Denki, it doesn't matter what rank you are, what matters is you are you, and that's why we love you." I put my arms around them both.
"Yeah Denks, you're the best mate we could have asked for," I added.
"Thanks." He mumbles into Kiri's shirt.
"And I have no fucking idea why we haven't marked you yet."
"Me neither," Ei agrees. "Why haven't we?" I know why I haven't. I'm scared, but I'll never admit it. What if something goes wrong, or they decide that they don't want to be with me? But I love them, and they love me too, I'm sure of it.

"Let's do it then." They both stare at me with wide eyes. I gently guide them to the couch and say, "I love you guys, and I'm pretty sure you love me too. Let's mark each other.""I love you guys! Yes, let's do the marking, but only if you're okay with it, Ei." Denki says, still sniffling softly."Yes. I love you two more than words. Let's do it." We all smile at each other for a moment before dissolving into kisses.