The King

"The King is coming! The King is coming!"

That was the sentence Denki heard all over the small town as he walked through. He just needed his month of supplies and then he could be back to his little cottage and his life in the woods.

"I heard the king is bringing a dragon!" A teenage boy with a red hat said to a girl with white hair.

"Really? I wanna see a dragon!" 

"I bet he's coming to inspect the school. I can see no other reasons why he would come to our small town." Said the purple-haired man walking with the teens.

"Or maybe he's coming for one of the elementals!" The blond holding his hand chimed in.

"We only have one elemental, Neito." The blond, Neito, looked unhappy for a moment, but then caught sight of Denki and waved a bit. Denki nodded in acknowledgment, and then they were out of sight. Denki knew them. He knew everyone, he just hated admitting that. He had been banished when just a child, only allowed to come into town once a month for supplies. The town allowed him a $100 credit every month for his trip, and that was that. He had been banished because he killed several people when his magic got out of control. He was a lightning elemental, and very dangerous. His magic had even hurt himself, at least at first. There was another elemental, well another family of elementals. Todoroki Shoto was the one everyone talked about though, for his status of Official Town Wizard.

"I heard that the king is looking for his other mate, and it's Todoroki!" Said a lady with pink hair to another with purple. They were standing in the baker's stall, the pink-haired being Ashido, the baker.

"Unlikely. Polybonds are super unstable. And I heard that Todoroki was aro anyway."

"No way Kyoka! Why else would he come but for a mate?"

"Any other reason. And if he were coming for that, why would it be Todoroki?" The pink-haired woman was about to reply, but Denki cleared his throat. Both of the women's heads snapped up, and the one with purple hair rushed behind a small cart next to the stall.

"I will be taking my leave now, Mina. I wish you well." Said the other woman.

"Goodbye, Kyoka. I wish you well." The baker blew a quick kiss before turning to Denki. "What can I help you with, sir?" He held out his credit book and said,

"Two bags of flour, a bar of chocolate, and two cookies, please." It was what he always got. He baked his own bread and the like, but he could not make his own chocolate, a treat that he loved. He didn't have enough space for wheat, so he bought flour here. He still had some at his house, but it was better safe than sorry. Ashido wrote something on the credit slip, bagged his items, and handed them to him, wrapping the cookies in wax and giving them to him by themselves. 

"Thank you, I wish you well," Denki told his former friend.

"I wish you well." She replied, and he left. He munched on a cookie as he walked to the fruit seller. He never needed vegetables, if nothing was in season he had plenty put up, but fruit was something he didn't grow a lot of. The man at the produce stand had green hair and freckles and visibly paled at the sight of Denki. 

"Good day, sir. I would like fifteen apples, please." Applesauce is delicious and keeps cold for over a year. Denki hands over his credit book and the man stutters. He must remember his poor mate, Midoriya Ochako, who was hurt by his magic. She's never been quite the same, the electricity messing up her brain. But in Denki's defense, that manticore would have messed her up much worse. The produce seller rushes through the interaction, shoving the booklet and the apples at him. A muttered wish you well was all he got before being hurried into the street by a man with blue hair.