Jealousy

Midoriya's POV

I watch silently as Kaminari jumps onto Kacchan's back, seeing Kacchan's palms light up. Then Kaminari whispers something into the other ear, and the firecracker explosions stop. Kaminari kisses the angry pomeranian on the cheek. I stumble back. What? And Kacchan is smiling? How in the world is Kaminari not dead. But I notice this happening more and more, with Kirishima too. What's going on?

ʕᵔᴥᵔʔฅʕ•ﻌ•ʔฅʕᵔᴥᵔʔ

I sit at the table and watch Kacchan. He's sitting with the Bakusquad, Kirishima on his right, Kaminari on his left, Mina and Sero across from them. Someone says something that gets Kacchan mad, but then he looks at Kirishima, stops yelling, and sits down. Wow. I walk past them to put my tray away and see Kaminari stealing food from Kacchans plate while he pretends not to notice. I feel a pang of sadness I wish that was me. I wish I could calm Kacchan down with a touch and a look. I wish I could steal from his plate and not get exploded. I wish I could make him smile. But I can't. He's always hated me, and the begrudging respect he has for me now is nothing like real friendship. But it still hurts so much to see him do all the things I wish I could do with him to other people.

ʕᵔᴥᵔʔฅʕ•ﻌ•ʔฅʕᵔᴥᵔʔ

I knock on Kirishima's door. I get no reply. I knock again. Still nothing. I open the door just a bit. I'm about to call out when I notice them. Kirishima's sitting on the bed with Kacchan on his lap, and they're making out. I shut the door quickly and run to my room. Why? If he was gonna blow off training to make out with my childhood friend he could have told me. I feel hot tears run down my face, and my throat starts to hurt. I start to cough and feel something coming up. I run to my bathroom and cough and cough until something comes up. A flower petal. Ash-blond and orange. Kacchan.

This now has more chapters on Ao3, here's a link if you wanna see

https://archiveofourown.org/works/35209699/chapters/87734998