The Window

There was something not quite right about the window. He just kept looking at it, the window. It looked almost right, so close to being right he could taste it. There was just something so slightly off about it that it was driving him mad.

"Denki? Are you staring at that window again?"

"Oh, Katsuki. Yeah, it's just, strange. It's wrong somehow. Like something's missing from it."

"Oh, don't be silly Denki. It's just your imagination. It's just a window, it's always been like that." Denki let out a little hum and turned back to the window.

"Didn't, there used to be a chair there?" An audible breath caught in Katsuki's throat. "Yeah, a chair. A blue armchair. Why?"

"Denki, you're imagining things" Katsuki was pleading. "No chair ever sat by that window.

"It was someone's favorite. Who's? I can't...Eijiro! It was Eijiro's favorite chair. Where's Eijiro? Katsuki?" Denki turned to his partner with tears in his eyes. Bakugou's face had gone stern and cold.

"Denki, stop."

"Katsuki, what did you do?" Denki sobbed. He had tears streaming down his face now, clutching the arms of the chair. Bakugou was now rummaging through a drawer that had always been locked.

"I tried to warn you Denki. I told you not to look at that window. I told you to stop." He snapped on a pair of latex gloves. 

"Katsuki, you killed Eijiro! You!" Denki sprang up from the chair, running to the door, only to find it locked. With a sinking feeling, he realized he couldn't remember the last time he went through this door. 

"Denki, if you know what's good for you you'll hold very still." Denki looked up to see Bakugou holding a hypodermic needle with some sort of fluid inside.

"No no nonnoononono. Don't do this." Denki put his back to the door and his hands in the air. "I won't tell anyone, I promise, just let me go."

"I'm sorry Denki." Katsuki kissed him as he plunged the needle into his arm. Denki crumpled to the floor, still and lifeless looking. Katsuki sighed as he picked him up, carrying him to the bedroom. He checked his breathing and heart rate, finding it all to be in good shape. 

"Goodnight, dear." He said, leaving a kiss on Denki's head. "I hate having to do this, but I can't have you remembering Eijiro. I want you happy, even if I have to do this a hundred more times. Sleep well, I know you won't remember this when you wake up."