CHAPTER 03: The Set Up [✔]

KATE’s P.O.V.

“So... Where are we going to meet?” Gabriel asked excitedly.

“We can meet by the coffee shop nearby our school,” Claire answered confidently. “Is that okay with you, Kate?” she asked, before winking at my direction.

         We are currently eating our lunch at the Cafeteria. Gabriel decided to sit with us again and because of that, my bestfriend finally got the chance to set up her plan. She invited us to go to the mall, hang out or do anything that we can out there.

“O-of course, i-it’s fine with m-me,” I answered, stuttering.

“Great! Should I pick you up, Claire?” Gabriel asked to my bestfriend.

         I looked down, trying to ignore the fact that the man I like just offered a ride to my bestfriend without asking me first.

“Silence means–”

“No!” Claire exclaimed too quickly.

“What do you mean by that?” Gabriel asked, a worried expression plastered upon his handsome face. He was about to say something when my bestfriend cut him of... Again.

“What I mean is... My house is too far from yours. You can’t fetch me up because it’s in the opposite way of your house. But Kate is in the same village as you are, right?” she asked hopefully.

         I glanced at Claire, enlarging my eyes for her to stop talking but she didn’t. She still continue to build her plans.

“Well, I guess so.”

“Then that’s great! You can fetch up my bestfriend on your way to the shop and I’ll just meet you guys out there. Is that alright with you?”

“Sounds great.” Gabriel smiled to her before looking at my direction. I blushed, thinking that the two of us will be all alone inside of his car tomorrow.

“It’s settled, then. Please don’t be late tomorrow, okay?” Claire stated.

         I just nodded, same as Gabriel. He stood up, look at us once again before saying another word.

“Thanks for inviting me, Claire... And Kate?” I looked up to him, feeling my heart palpitating so bad.

“Y-yes?”

“See you tomorrow.” I saw Claire smiling teasingly from the corners of my eyes. “So, bye for now, girls. I need to be at my class at this moment.”

“Bye!” Claire waved him goodbye. I just did the same.

        As soon as Gabriel vanished into our sight, Claire squealed endlessly like she’s the one who like Gabriel so much. I’m the one who supposed to be jumping up and down right now. But she acts like a lunatic. She wouldn’t had gone into silence if I didn’t cover her mouth.

“Everyone is looking at us,” I whispered into her ears.

“Don’ mind them! I’m just so happy for you, Kate!”

“For what?”

“You two are going for a date tomorrow!”

“What?! You aren’t planning on ditching us tomorrow, right? Am I right, Claire?!” I asked nervously while playing with my fingers.

“Oh yes, I am!” she squealed again.

“No, please! You know I can’t do this without you,” I pleaded to her.

“Yes, you can. Just remember everything that I told you before. Be yourself and I’m sure that nothing can go wrong...”

“What if...”