CHAPTER 43: Officially Yours [✔]

KATE’s P.O.V.

          Elijah asked me to go out with him, as we officially started counting our precious exchanges of smiles. He said that he will take me anywhere that I wanted, in any places that will make me smile. And so, I requested him to bring me to our old high school building... The tallest building in our campus, to be specific.

         While driving, Elijah often glance at my direction for I can’t stop myself from staring at his handsome face. I mean, how could the world be so unfair sometimes? He’s too cute for a guy. I hope I can have even just twenty-five percent of his looks.

“Will you stop drooling over me? It kind of starting to freak the hell out of me...” He laughed.

“Sorry.” I blushed out of embarrassment. “I just... I couldn’t help it,” I shamelessly admitted.

“That’s cute,” he stated, his eyes still fixed on the road.

“Nope, you are cute,” I argued, emphasizing each and every word in my statement. “How I wish I could have the girl version of your face.”

          He chuckled at my statement, before glancing at me. He pulled over the car, then smiled.

“Don’t be like that. Pretty much sooner or later, I’m sure I’m going to have a girl version of myself... And you, you are going to have a boy version of yourself too.”

“How?” I asked, confused.

“Our future children, after we get married soon enough.”

           I blushed at that thought. I’m lucky enough to find a man with this mindset. He’s already thinking about our future... Me being his wife and him as my future husband... Our children. I can’t help but to get teary eye after he said those words. Instead of getting worried, he chuckled, knowing that what I am currently having right now is a tears of joy.

“Come here...” He pulled me closer towards his body, before giving me a forehead kiss. “I love you so much. I can’t wait to have that future with you.”

“I love you too, Elij.”

            And without any more words, our lips crashed onto each other, causing me to feel dizzy and glad at the same time. We are kissing, inside of his car parked in the middle of the road.

“Wait...” he gently pushed my body to stare into my eyes after that kiss.

“What?” I asked him, voice ragged.

“I still got a mission to do, miss,” he reminded me, pinching my nose.

          I laughed, as he started the engine of his car once more. He continued to drive towards our old school, before I smiled to myself like a total idiot. I caught him glance at me, counting it on his fingers. How many times do I smiled for this day? I’ve lost track and count. I hope Elijah still knows about it.

          After a few more minutes of driving, Elijah and I finally arrived at our destination. He opened the door for me, causing me to smile for the gentleman that he is.

“Here you go, Ms. Frias.”

         I chuckled, hearing him call me by that once again. I wrapped my hands on his arms, before we decided to climbed in the building using the fire exit. With a box of donuts and two cups of soda that Elijah ordered in the drive thru on our way towards here, we made our way to the top of the building.

“I can’t recall the last time we came here...” I whispered.

“I don’t want to recall that one. I mean, that memory... It was bitter and sad.... I hope we won’t go through that once again.”

“We won’t, Elijah. I promised.”

          He smiled, before giving me a forehead kiss. As we reached the top of the building, we sat on the bench near the edge of the rooftop, before looking down at the chaotic view of the city beneath us.

“It’s chaotic down there... I mean, it looks like the city has been on a deep disaster... But it still manage to look beautiful,” I stated out of nowhere.

“Yeah, chaotic but beautiful... Just like you.”

        I looked at his direction, and he is currently staring at me right at this moment.

“Elij...” I smiled.

“But even so, I wouldn’t get tired of solving your chaotic mind, Ms. Frias. I’ll stay, no matter what.”

          Instead of smiling, I caught myself having a tears of joy in my eyes. Elijah wiped it all away, before saying another word.

“You know what, every time that I saw you having a tears of joy because of me, it caused my heart to be grateful... And it reminds me of how lucky I am for having someone like you. Your tears are so precious to me, Ms. Frias. It can surpassed the feeling that I’m having every time that you smile. Your tears are equivalent to a thousand smiles forming on your lips...”

         He looked down to my lips, and I can’t find some proper words to respond to his statement. He really is good at making me feel like this... In making me feel worthy.

“I love you...” I whispered.

         His eyes lit up, before he came closer towards my direction, leaning in to crashed his lips onto mine. It was a gentle kiss, not like our first ones... This one is different. It was full of love and trust. One way of making me feel worthy after all those years of receiving rejections from different people.

          After a minute or so, we pulled away to catch our breaths, our forehead still resting on each other’s. I closed my eyes shut, feeling his passionate love.

“I love you too, Kate. Beyond infinity...”

           I smiled at his words and I heard him laugh as if he won a big prize in the lottery.

“Yes! That’s it. My mission to witnessed your one hundred smile finally became a huge success. Though I wouldn’t get tired witnessing more... Now, Kate... Let me ask you the question...”

         He kneeled down in front of me, making the butterflies in my stomach fluttered. I just chuckled, as I began to be in the verge of crying once again.

“Kate... Ms. Frias... Whatever it is that they call you... Would you be my girl? I would be glad to receive your sweetest approval, my love.”

         Tears fell down from my eyes, before I slowly nodded, making it official. The two of us are having some kind of a serious relationship right now... Something that could lead into marriage. We already put a label into it, just like what my Mom said earlier.

“Yes, Elijah. I would love to be your girl. From now on, I’m officially yours... And you are mine.”

         His smile widen, before standing up and pulling me in for a tight hug. He caressed my hair before planting several kisses on my forehead, and all over my face.

“Thank you! I love you, Kate... And yes, I’m only yours from now on.”

“I love you too, Elijah... And I trust you.”

        And with that, he kissed me once more, giving an unexplainable but very pleasing feelings in my chest.