CHAPTER 07: A Shoulder To Cry On [✔]

KATE’s P.O.V.

          If only I can count the bucket of my tears... Maybe that wouldn’t sound absurd at all right after what happened to my friendship with Claire. I can’t even remember how it all started. Me loving Gabriel and him loving my bestfriend.

         For a moment, I thought I was the one. I thought he likes me back now that Claire isn’t hanging out with us anymore. But I was wrong. So wrong. I shouldn’t have let myself be driven by these weird feelings.

         Now I realized it. Maybe Gab just hang around with me for he was left with no choice, since I was just the one who can lead him to Claire. Sadly, as time passes by, he knows that I wasn’t planning to tease him to Claire or even help him get close to my bestfriend.

“You’re here... I was looking for you for apparently an hour now... Also, I almost check every place around our campus.”

          I turned my gaze around, and I saw Elijah standing a few meters away from me while his hands is in his pockets. I’m currently at the rooftop of the highest building here in school. I decided to stay here for I know that no one in their right mind would stay here and cry alone like what exactly I’m doing right now.

“Elij...” I wiped my tears away, afraid to look vulnerable in front of him.

“What are you doing here, Ms. Frias? You’re not planning to jump or do anything suicidal, right?” he asked, worried.

        I bitterly laughed at his statement. As if I have the courage to do so. Just facing a guy makes me feel nervous, so what more jumping out of the tallest building here in our school. And besides, I don’t want to die here if ever.

“You’re a lunatic. Do you really think I want our schoolmates to see my body dripping off with blood while my flesh and bones are out?” I asked, forcing a fake smile.

         He laughed, before looking at me with his worried eyes again. He came closer, and I just let him. I’m too tired to complain nor to scold him for getting too close to me.

“That’s quiet a description, huh?” he asked, chuckling.

“Yeah. I got it from watching and reading horror stuffs.”

“That’s nasty.”

“Do you honestly think that it was nasty? What I saw earlier... That... That was the nasty one...”

“Hey... Cheer up, girl. There’s so many other guys out there... Like me.”

“What?”

“Me? I mean, guys, like me... I’m a guy, right?”

          I just nodded, while thriftily smiling to myself. I don’t know why, because minutes ago, I was just crying and now I’m smiling to myself. Maybe I had become a lunatic too because of this man. Having him around wasn’t that bad after all.

“Are you... Smiling, maybe? I thought you supposed to be sad. That’s why I came here. For you to have a shoulder to cry on.”

         I looked at him, before a bead of tear escaped from my eye.

“I wish I could be as pretty as my bestfriend... I wish I wouldn’t need anyone’s help just to have a stupid date with guys... I wish... I want to be like her.”

“Hey... Please don’t do that.” He cupped my face and wiped my tears away. “Loving yourself was worth more than anything else. Don't wish to be someone you’re not...” I looked away from him but I felt him reached for my hand to hold it instead.